TomTom Home Ver. 2.2 is out today

Yes, quite a lot of changes. What I've noticed:

- some menu reorganization (top one) ... more logical layout of options
- new mapshare options (in settings)
- TT Home support for plugins - similar to Firefox one
- new plugin - MapShare that shows you number of mapshare updated applied
along with age of your maps (time since last mapshare update)

- new "update device" layout... shows you separate progress bar for downloading mapshare, another for applying the updates etc.

- much more customization... now you can manage icons, ringtones, sounds etc. from your tomtom home

- you can see preliminary (beta) support for sharing things with other tomtom users, ie. poi, sounds, ringtones, itineraries etc. ... looks like TomTom is going "social"...

Help - I think...

I installed 2.2 (some cool features mentioned above)...the add on says my map is 19 weeks out of date and their are 12508 mapshare corrections available...but none of them will download.

Also under the tools | Map Share | Map Share preferences menu...Select Countires Tab...it says their are no countries available??? I assume that is why I can't get mapshare updates...anyone have any ideas?

btw I have a GO910 on v7.162 and Map 7.10

Also under the tools | Map Share | Map Share preferences menu...Select Countires Tab...it says their are no countries available??? I assume that is why I can't get mapshare updates...anyone have any ideas?

Had this too. What I did was to delete all mapshare updates, unplug device, close home, plug device, open home and go to update to redownload all updates again. Then the setting windows you describe was showing info as it should.

Had this too. What I did was to delete all mapshare updates, unplug device, close home, plug device, open home and go to update to redownload all updates again. Then the setting windows you describe was showing info as it should.

Thanks for the info...just one question...followed your instructions (even though I didn't have any updates)...still no countries or updates :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the info...just one question...how do I delete mapshare updates? actually, I don't think I have any...

connect your device -> go to tools -> mapshare -> delete/remove....

mark two options and apply the changes and voila you have clean map

now reconnect device and completely restart tt home (use right mouse on right lower screen icon) and update your device

1. connect the device
2. start tt home
3. main menu -> tools -> tom tom map share -> remove corrections
4. mark two available ooptions and click done
5. disconnect the device, exit tt home

hmmmm...just decided to do that as an experiment. after deleting all the mapshare and my own personal updates (all of which went to mapshare), there is now NO update to download.

yes, I reconnected and restarted the home program. good thing I have a backup!

Me too. Did the removal and home says no updates. Let's see what others are saying about this.

Reinstalled using my backup and my changes are of course ok.

the gps fix I downloaded earlier tonight was replaced by an older one and home immediately offered that again.....but there was also a small mapshare I downloaded tonight. that was not offered again.

Just for giggles, delete the TomTom folder in your
C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data
folder and see if it will allow you to download the updates again. (You may have to reinstall TTHome after this to get it to work - but hopefully it will clear out any updates you've already recieved.)

I renamed that folder to hide it from home. changes nothing except for a new opening screen saying I'd just successfully installed home....which of course I had not. no updates. just a newly created folder identical to the one I renamed.

Me too. Did the removal and home says no updates. Let's see what others are saying about this.

Well this is weird. I've done it a few times... when using 2.1 and also
once after getting Home 2.2 update. How about if you delete all
mapshare corrections, disable mapshare updates in the device,
and enable mapshare subscription again (in TT HOME).

IN 2.2 you can enable mapshare by using home software... it
does not direct you to the device now... on the other hand you
can set the level of trust only in device.

hope this helps

New home 2.2 overwrites SDKregestry

Every time I hook up my TT ONE XL and operate it via the home interface it's SDKregestry file gets replaced with a new (vertually blank) SDKregestry directory. It saves the previous version under it (as sub directories), but it virtually cripples the ttmenu 3rd party custom menu program. Glad I checked my TT out before hitting the road (while I was still near my computer), because without a text editor onboard the TT ONE XL, I would have been stuck without all my favorite 3rd party stuff! Fortunatly I keep copies of some of these more customized files in a "spare" folder that the operating system does not care about (called "extra stuff");). Saves a lot of time searching thru my archive of backup files!
Anybody else get bit by this TT Home upgrade?

Strangely enough, I just did an update and it appears I am downloading .1 MB of mapshare updates (.7 MB uncompressed)????

Note this did not work at 10 pm EST last night, and I made no changes btw 10 pm last night and now (5:30 am EST)...

Ask a Question