Old version of TomTom home required for Mac

GJB

TomTom Model(s)
Go 710
I recently bought the Australian maps for my TomTom Go710 and have been unable to load them onto my device. This is because when I open tomTom Home the 710 will not connect, although the devices asks me if I want to connect to the computer and goes through the process. I also get an error message appear from Home when I click on any of the icons in Home.

I have been told it is because I have the latest version of Home and my old 710 does not recognise this newer version of the software. I cannot find my original disc for the 710, plus I now use a Mac rather than the PC I had when I originally got the 710. My question therefore is there site or a link anyone has that can provide me with an old version of the Mac Home software?

ALso, I suspect the the old version of Home (Home 1) may not be able to install the new maps itself....
What you have to do is:
1. Install Home 1, update your device software as far as you can go with that,

2. Then go back to the new Home 2 and update th software any further with that,

3. AND THEN install the map itself.

I don't suppose I can just download the map to my Mac without connecting the device? Then transfer to my 710 afterwards.

No, it needs to create the "key" files that lock the map to your particular unit while it downloads it.

Ask a Question