TomTom Home and Map Updates

Hi Gang,

All help & suggestions GREATLY appreciated.
I have two TomTom Ones - one I travel with (for rental cars) and one that lives in my own car. I've been trying to use the TomTom Home program feature to subscribe to the quarterly updates for each since last Spring. I have different logins for each GPS so they are recognized as different items.
Using TomTom Home, I can do the small updates, and I can put in my basket the map updates and quarterly update subscriptions. When I get to my detail page (name, address, etc.) the Zip code field is blank and I enter my zip/postal code. I always get error messages saying the Zip code is not correct. I have tried every combination I can think of, but still get the same error message. I've sent the messages to TomTom, but I cannot get a response as to what is wrong.
I live in The Netherlands and the ZIP codes here are 4 numbers, a space, and two letters. TomTom is a bloody Dutch company, so why does it not recognize the Zip code where I've lived for the last 11 years?
I am incredibly frustrated by this and that I cannot get an answer for TomTom on a corrective action.

I'd really like your ideas and hope somebody has an answer for me.

Thanks,
Mark H.
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands

Check the profile in your account at TomTom to see if somehow your country got switched to the United States.

If that isn't the issue, what happens if you provide your zip code without spaces?

Finally, I guess you may need to call Dutch support.

Mark,
If you speak Dutch you may also want to check the Dutch Forum..
They maybe a little closer to the pulse.

The map business can be quite frustrating. I've been here for 19 months but dhn tells that it has been over two years that we Canadians had to buy maps through the Dutch store, pay the EUR exchange rate and got hammered with 20 % VAT.
Our problem here has bees solved since a few days as TomTom appointed a 3rd party vendor in Luxemburg who charges in CAD and Canadian tax rates.
Good luck.

Ask a Question