TOMTOM Home 2 and Add Maps Question

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350TM
I've been wating for latest map update which hasn't been released for XL350TM as far as I can tell.

However when I connect to computer and TOMTOM Home 2 opens and I click on Add Maps it offers me a change to purchase a new map.

if I'm not mistaken when I did that in the past it would say that USA, Canada, Mexico map was "on device".

Now it wants me to buy one even though I have lifetime maps.

Am I missing something?

Seems that not everyone had success grabbing a map today. On the other hand, your 350 uses a slightly different map than my 740. Might or might not account for the difference. But I did see where a 740 user in Canada wasn't offered 860 today, either.

Seems that not everyone had success grabbing a map today. On the other hand, your 350 uses a slightly different map than my 740. Might or might not account for the difference. But I did see where a 740 user in Canada wasn't offered 860 today, either.

First, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Second, the map update appeard this morning!!!!

As a first time TT owner I find this confusing and frustrating. The lifetime maps feature is what sold me on a TT vs. a Garmin which I've had and used flawlessly until it died (I purchased a used one from eBay).

Thankfully you moderators and experienced users here on the forums are helpful and informative. We all know the TT website doesn't say much.

Maybe volume will be able to go up to 100% and still work with new map, too.

I did email TT and ask about the map issue. I'll share the response here:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. We have been experiencing an unusually high number of incidents which has been affecting response times. Your question has been received and you will receive a response from our support team as soon as possible.

Thank you and Best Regards,
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Last edited:
Maybe volume will be able to go up to 100% and still work with new map, too.
If/when that gets fixed, it will be a function of a firmware upgrade, not a map upgrade.

No way to tell until someone gets it out on the road at 90%+ and reports back to us. TomTom's release notes aren't usually very specific (BAD).

I just posted in another thread that I just tried a route demo at 90% after the application update on my XL unit and it works.......

Ask a Question