tomtom goes off

mar

my tomtom 720 go goes dark after i stop for 15 minutes and i have to turn it back on, is there a setting that will keep it on until i turn it off.

My understanding is that with application 8.3, the unit will turn off if there is inactivity for a length of time. I understood it was 30 minutes.

This is all separate from the preference setting of turning off the unit when external power is lost, correct?

Apparently somehow the 8.25 maps (or a mysterious alien force) causes it to shut-down after only 5 minutes if it's on battery power and you don't have a route planned and don't use it during that time - you get the same "10-second countdown" you did before when you unplugged it (assuming you have that option set 'on'). Maybe I just never had it sit more than 5 minutes without being in the USB cradle charging? Not sure. :confused:

I agree with the 30 minute shutdown. Mine shuts off if I stop for more than 30 minutes. I have 7.15 maps and version 8.3 firmware.

Ask a Question