TomTom Go 520 Wrong addresses vs roads!

Hi all

I have a strange problem. After planning a trip to Gotland (Sweden) I realize that all roads have the wrong names.
I didnt check other places but this is enough for me to try to investigate what the problem is.

Im from Sweden so I have the Scandinavian map only installed (v720.1803) Map Version 8.351

I checked with a friend of mine that have an older device and map and on his device the addresses are correct.

I update MapSharing a few times aweek and been in contact with TomTom support who told me to:
- Make a factory reset (didnt help)
- Make a file wipe of the TomTom application /reset/flash and reinstallation (didnt help)

Anyone had this problem? I made a screenshot from TomTom Rout Planner to try to ilustrate my problem vs my device.

Help!! :confused:

tomtommaperror.png

Welcome to TTF.

If I understand you correctly, you have application 8.351 but map version 720 for your unit.

If the numbering system for 520s (we don't have that model in North America) is anything like other models, then that map is a year or more out of date. If so, have you considered upgrading your map?

Also, are road names incorrect for any location you select on your map or just this area for which you provided screenshots?

Sierau,
Bear in mind that NOTHING is perfect, there are always bugs, mis-matched, incorrect street names, ..... etc. In the U.S. I, myself, have corrected a few (street name) already.
The good, Tomtom does have the feature called "Map Correction" and "Correct Street Name" is one of them.
The bad, because Tomtom allow end-users to modify the street name, any street name and SHARE among others. If they do not verify intensively or we set the MapShare bar too low (means allow updating everything that reported on the MapShare), a few of us will have this impact.

In your case, your map v720 is 4 or 5 generations old, use Google to check out if the wrong street name is still there? In the meantime, pls use the Map Correction feature and correct the name.

Hi again.

Finally I got to talk to a senior support agent at TomTom that instantly told me that the map version I had installed had a known error right over parts of Sweden. He simply added the latest map for me to download via my TomTom Home :D
Now I have Application Version 8.351 and Map version: v830.2305 and the names ar correct.

Thanks for the answers :) and +++ for TomTom Support

Glad it worked out for you. Free map upgrade, cant beat that! Well it not being completely and absolutely incorrect in the first place would have been nice but regardless its fixed now...

Ask a Question