TomTom Cradle Model Number

Hi guys,

I just purchased a TomTom Car Kit off Amazon. It didn't come with the iPhone 4 adapter, so it must be an old model. I had purchased a model before it, too, which was old and broken. Its model number was 4UUB4 (from the top left of the sticker) and this one's is 4UUB4 too. For some reason, I remember 9UOB as being the recent model number. What is the model number of any of you guy's car kits? Where am I getting 9UOB, and if it is a newer model, what are the differences.

My iPhone shows the firmware of the car kit as 0.48, is that the most recent, and how does it get updated?

Also, I applied for a iPhone 4 car kit adapter, should I have gotten an email confirmation or anything?

Last question: My TomTom Car Kit's EasyPort fold and go mount untwists when I lock it. There isn't any sort of click when it gets turned all the way, and it immediately untwists.

I'm new to the forum, sorry for the lots of questions.

I just purchased a new car kit off of eBay at a really reduced price from an authorised TomTom refurb seller, I assume they wanted to rid of any old stock without iPhone 4 stickers etc...

Mine is also model number 4UUB4, also with firmware 0.0.48

I found a forum post from December 09 with a user with model 4UUB4 but with firmware 0.0.45, so I guess our firmware would indicate we have a relatively recent model.

I don't think the firmware is user-upgradable.

No, i've not received mine yet but from what i've read it'll just appear in your mailbox in 2-4 weeks, you'll never get any indication they've received your request it just turns up.

Not sure about your last point, mine seems to stay pretty tight.

Ask a Question