Tomtom Go 500 in Fiat/Alfa Romeo cradle

Hello, does anyone know whether the tom-tom go 500 will fit into a fiat/alfa romeo dashboard cradle? Many thanks in advance for your help!

George

There's the original "Blue & Me" which was basically a GO750 (old Nav2 vintage), and there's the new "Blue & Me 2" which is based upon the newer Nav3 vintage unit. The cradles are quite different, but I doubt the even the Blue & Me 2 cradle would fit the most recent "Nav4" versions like the GO 500.

Can any of our Euro moderators confirm? The Blue & Me 2, even though it's a Nav3 device, uses a bottom docking connection. Is there anything at all like that on the Nav4 units?

There is a multipin connector, very similar to the one on the GO1000/2000, but SLIGHTLY different (the new G0500 will fit on a GO1000 windscreen mount, but a GO1000 will not fit on the new GO500' mount!).

I'm afraid I've no knowledge of the "special" stuff for the Blue and Me system, if any. But if there is any connection to the car for anything like steering wheel switches, then I don't think it will work at all with the new GO500 which is a very basic unit.

Many thanks for the replies - just to clarify, I've got a current tomtom cradle (the car is a giulietta). I'm not interested in using controls from the steering wheel, I'm only looking for a device that will fit the cradle so it can get power through the connector (don't want to have to connect the usb cable while on the road).

Ask a Question