Tomtom 550 live google search problem

Well, if possible, call customer support in NL and see what they advise. The unit is under warranty.

I have exactly the same problem. I live in UK and bought a GO 550 LIVE two weeks ago today. The Live Search & Weather are not working (connect this device to Tom Tom Home message). I sent E:mail to Tom Tom on 13th March with no explanation yet. Been back to Comet but all they told me was get in touch with Tom Tom.
By the way, the Sim card starts with 8931.

Last edited:
Just had this off tomtom my google search is working now.

STEP 1 Back Up Your TomTom GO 550 LIVE

- Charge your unit for at least two hours (preferably via the home charger)
- Perform a reset on your device (see: TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product)
- Connect to the computer and then switch the device on
- Make a manual backup as shown on TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product (Please scroll to the bottom of the page to make a manual back up)

STEP 2 Reset your TomTom GO 550 LIVE

- Reset your TomTom to factory settings via the Change Preferences Menu
- After resetting your device, you will need to set up your start-up preferences again. (Don’t do this just yet)
- Reset your TomTom GO 550 LIVE; see TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product in how to do this.
- Switch your device back on.
- Now go through the Setup of your device.

STEP 3 Log into your device

- When your TomTom shows your current location (Please make sure your device has a good GPS signal), tap in the middle of the screen
- Now tap on “Change Preferences”
- Scroll along to “My TomTom Account”
- Please log in using your email address and password.

STEP 4

- In the Main Menu, tap on LIVE services.
- Now Click on My Services in the bottom right corner.
- Here you should now see all your Services and your Traffic bar should now be loading.

I just did a reset and its working.you will have to wait for tomtom to sort your live account out first before this works.

Last edited:
I have just tried this (twice) and it doesn't work for me!

Bazza7777 - is yours still working?

yeh,have you been in touch with tomtom? you have to wait for them to sort it as its there problem.they took 11 days to sort mine,at least you know its not the device.just keep updating ya email to tomtom to move them on abit.

Tom Tom have just got back to me after working on my account.

Google Search is now working on my 550 Live after following their instructions as posted by Bazza7777.

Many thanks to Tom Tom and Bazza7777 for their help!

Barry

Hi,
I can confirm that this is a problem at the server end of things. After reading the comments within the thread I suggested to Tomtom support that they should take a look at my account as other users, with the same problem, have had the issue resolved after work was done at their end. I received an email:-

Dear xx

Our LIVE services team advise me that there was a problem with your account and this has now been corrected,

Please reset the unit to its factory settings;

Tap change preferences ( spanner) icon step through the screens and tap the reset to factory settings icon ( any stored favourites will be lost).

After completing the setup go to the SERVICES icon and log into Traffic with your user name and password,

You should then be able to access the LIVE services ,

With Kind Regards and our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused,

Everything is now working fine, at last!

Ask a Question