Tomtom 550 live google search problem

Hope someone can help,bought a tomtom 550 just over a week ago,worked fine for a few days.now google search and weather wont work,when i press google search or weather it says TO USE THIS SERVICE YOU MUST CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO TOMTOM HOME.HD traffic is working fine as are the safety cameras.the network is connected and a good signal.ive done a reset and a back to factory settings but changed nothing.TODAY I FOUND THIS OUT WHEN I HAVE NO GPS SIGNAL IE IN THE HOUSE GOOGLE SEARCH AND WEATHER WORK.its only when gps is active they wont work help.

When the GPS is active, Tomtom knows the time.

My guess is that your device has a free built-in demo period, and the demo has expired. You'd need to log into HOME, and login to get whatever free period is offered with a 550 sale.

When there's no GPS signal, the device thinks it's 1990 (or some other default date that I don't remember), so time-sensitive subscriptions temporarily work.

NOT THE CASE.,my tomtom 550 is not two weeks old yet,and the hd traffic and camera update is working,i have one month free trial and 12 months free live services.its only google seach and weather that is not working.and if it had run out the device would say renew your live services. not TO USE THIS SERVICE CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO TOMTOM HOME.

Same Problem

Did you ever get your problem sorted? I've got exactly the same problem as you. I'm in contact with Tomtom, but no solution yet. I reset it and did everything tomtom told me to, but still nothing. Waiting for the next reply from tomtom.

My guess is Tomtom dont know themselves,ive contacted tomtom and been waiting 4 days for a reply. I bet its a navcore problem,or even a server down.If they dont sort it soon its going back.

Has anyone got a 550,750,or 950 live where there google seach is working at the moment? mine is running on navcore 9.026.

Tomtom

Had to register again under dolphinesss with 3 s instead of 2 ss sorry.

I had my tomtom for 2 weeks now. It only ever worked when I got it. Not sure when it stopped working maybe when I updated the map. Oh and I've got the Tomtom Go 750 live and I'm in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Bazza, your device has a SIM code of 0031 from what I have read elsewhere, this is for a Dutch network and whilst it should work in the UK its worth letting TT CS know of this issue (0845 161 0009) then see what they have to say - Mike

Weather and Google Search broken

Hi,

I've got a 950 live (2 weeks old) which has exactly the same problem. When it has a valid GPS signal Google search and weather live services are dead. I have a ticket open with support but they have gone rather quiet. It's good to know that I'm not on my own. It's difficult to know if it was broken out of the box since the 1st thing I did was hook it up and update everything.

Simon.

Simon, What country are you in and what are the first four digits of the SIM ID number, you can find this by going to Live serves then pressing the "Network" button - Mike

Did you ever get your problem sorted? I've got exactly the same problem as you. I'm in contact with Tomtom, but no solution yet. I reset it and did everything tomtom told me to, but still nothing. Waiting for the next reply from tomtom.
where are you based,iam in uk,someone on pocketgps said could be sim id mine brgins with 8931 witch is dutch based sim,uk should begin 8944.what does your sim id begin with.

Simon, What country are you in and what are the first four digits of the SIM ID number, you can find this by going to Live serves then pressing the "Network" button - Mike

Hi Mike,
I'm in the UK and the first 4 digits of the SIM ID are 8931. Am I the victim of some sort of grey import issue?

What is interesting is both of you are in the UK with SIM cards intended for a different country (Holland) with very similar problems - I will take this issue up with TomTom and see if they can shed any light on the issue, something isn't quite right here! - Mike

sim issue

Think we have found the problem,what are my rights? should i send it back to amazon or get tomtom to replace device with one that works in uk? What is the warranty on a new tomtom now? used to be two years when i first got my tomtom one

Last edited:
Country

I don't think it has anything to do with the country. I travel a lot and I'm living in the Netherlands. I bought the Tomtom in Germany, but it won't work there, in the Netherlands or in Belgium! So it can't be that. It should be at least working in Germany because I bought it there ( not online, in a shop, so less likely a grey import), but it doesn't work!

Last edited:

Ask a Question