Tom Tom One v1 - problem with NC

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One v1
Hi everybody !
It's my first time here...

10kb.jpg

So ... My TomTom One v1 was working nice till few days ago when my dad decided to update software by TThome.
I will start from the moment that I decided to format our SD cards (we have 2xSD cards from TT ~500 mb and 1xSD 2 GB).
I always format them with windows7 (full format fat32).
After that I put sd card inside TT and connect to USB for TThome connection. First of all it tells me to update NC to 6.xxx version. After installing 6.xxx everything is reseting correctly. I can choose language etc. I can see msg "No map ..." etc.
Next I restart device and TThome is asking if I want to update application for 7.903.

AND here is the problem.... I tried everything. Changing SD card didnt help, installing NC by card reader or by extracting folders to SD card didnt help.... Ive checked my bootloader no. .5136. I hope its not problem but maybe it will help somehow.
Any idea for me now is to change bootloader (upgrade) but I dont know how. Also NC with higher numbers are not working.
When TT home says Install finished tomtom reboots and freeze on boot screen with TOMTOM writing. Restart didnt help also.

Anyidea how to put NC on that TTone ? Sorry for so many questions but even if it is working on 6.xxx NC i cannot find maps for that :D

I hope everything was clear. If there are any questions just ask. Thanks

Lukasz

Last edited:
That model requires both the application and maps to be on a SD card. I hope you didn't format your card before making a backup of your map, hopefully with Explorer, not Home.

See if you can connect to Home and run the emulator (Operate my Unit). If so, does it say 'no maps found'?

And what version of Home are you using? The latest is 2.9.7.3256. But the main problem is the missing map.....

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I was thinking that even if I format SD card I will download maps from somewhere else...
Back to the TTHome. I have newest version. If I connect TTone with empty SD card it allows me to install some application 6.560 (I think thats navcore). When I start TT with 6.560 its working even without maps. I can choose language and basic settings and later I can see screen with "No maps found". I can switch it off, restart, connect to computer.
When I connect TT with 6.560 to usb or I put SD card to my notebook suddenly TTHome ask about update. It allows me to update TT from 6.560 to 7.903 (One/One 3rd edition something). When install is finished I switch on TT and only TOMTOM screen with hands is booting/freezing. Menu with options or writing "No maps found" is not showing anymore. I cant do anything with that except formating card or copying files from SD card to computer. I already tried to copy some downloadable Navicore SE to my sd card and try it on TT but nothing works.

So if maps are problem maybe I can put some maps on SD card and try to switch it on ? I just want to know what would be solution.

Thanks anyway. Im open for any solution :)

PS. I forgot to answer your question.
On 6.560 I can emulate my TT and its working as it is working in real TT.
After installing 7.903 TTHome doesnt even see my SD card or TTone so I cant use "emulation".

Um, I'm concerned about your saying you'll get maps from "somewhere else" and you've tried to download some SE Navcores.

Let's be clear: discussion about hacked software and/or maps is NOT appropriate here.

Ask a Question