TomTom VIA 1505 Micro USB problem

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I purchased a NIB Tomtom VIA 1505 from a buy and sell website. This model has lifetime maps and traffic. Everything was in the box except the critical micro USB cable. Before ordering the USB cable I tried a few micro USB cables I had. One would not recognize the Tomtom on Mydrive. The last cable identified the Tomtom as a Start 25 and said all was up to date. I read the TT 1505 has to have its software updated to receive a satellite signal. I am awaiting the delivery of the Tomtom USB cable. I am hoping it the unit will be recognized as a VIA 1505. If it doesn't I may be up the creek.

What are the first two characters of the serial number of your device? It should be BK (2GB memory), BL (4GB memory) or BQ (8GB memory.

I wouldn't worry over much about the identification of the device. The Start 25 and Via 1505 are actually the same device, sold under different model names in different markets.

Sounds like your last cable is going to work for you as well.

Ask a Question