Tom Tom GO 6200, Keeps Restarting

Just to jump into this discussion - this ticket seems to be not solved until Today. I was wondering why my device is restarting many times before start to work as before - I read this thread first, and in deed I switch on cloud sync couple of Weeks before. Now I turned it off. Hopefully it will work OK again, but cloud sync would be nice to have though
Just to follow my (hope) past problems I soft reset my device and since that (like 2 Months) it's working fine with cloud sync on permanently

What do you mean by "Soft" reset?
I performed a hard reset, a complete restore of the software. But I'd like to know how to perform also a soft reset.
Anyway, after a lot of troubles after having replaced the battery with a new one (not original) I decided to put in the old (original) one but the restarting of the device, when no destination is set, kept going on.
So I did a complete restore but, again, without success.
Then I read this thread and I decided to logout from synchronization mode. I'll report if the problem is really solved.

In case, I'll replace again the old battery, which does not last more than 5 minutes,and see what happens.

I have a TomTom GO Camper, it comes with free Map, Speed Camera and Traffic updates. Recently in the last two months my unit has started to do the same. The screen goes black, resets, starts the navigation again and lets me know what time i will get there, after 30 seconds or so, it goes black and repeat. First time it did it, it rest about 10 times then stopped doing it. This last time it kept doing it for half an hour then finally stopped resetting. If i use the menu system on the device and un-sync it, this stops the device from resetting itself. However not having sync on with the cloud also means no live traffic updates, quicker routes etc. I like many others have paid a premium for these services and did indeed save us on more than one occasion to be stuck in traffic. Further to this, the tomtom traffic symbol is greyed out, when it started to work properly road works etc could be seen on the map. So to me this is an issue with tomtom traffic, the device keeps resetting to try and link with it, eventually it did but renders the device useless. So for now i have to wait and see what TomTom is doing about this issue, unless you kind folk know of a fix. The device is fully up to date, the phone has Sygic satnav, which uses TomTom mapping works fine. Hope that this is a bug and TomTom fix it soon.

I have a TomTom GO Camper, it comes with free Map, Speed Camera and Traffic updates. Recently in the last two months my unit has started to do the same. The screen goes black, resets, starts the navigation again and lets me know what time i will get there, after 30 seconds or so, it goes black and repeat. First time it did it, it rest about 10 times then stopped doing it. This last time it kept doing it for half an hour then finally stopped resetting. If i use the menu system on the device and un-sync it, this stops the device from resetting itself. However not having sync on with the cloud also means no live traffic updates, quicker routes etc. I like many others have paid a premium for these services and did indeed save us on more than one occasion to be stuck in traffic. Further to this, the tomtom traffic symbol is greyed out, when it started to work properly road works etc could be seen on the map. So to me this is an issue with tomtom traffic, the device keeps resetting to try and link with it, eventually it did but renders the device useless. So for now i have to wait and see what TomTom is doing about this issue, unless you kind folk know of a fix. The device is fully up to date, the phone has Sygic satnav, which uses TomTom mapping works fine. Hope that this is a bug and TomTom fix it soon.
Not being connected to the cloud won't prevent you from having live traffic, or faster routes.

Try resetting the device to factory settings and then log in again with your login credentials.

If it's a new GO Camper your GPS must be connected to a smartphone to receive live traffic.

Ask a Question