Tom 630 loses nav screen and goes to Police station screen

I still won't be surprised if the problem returns, zadock. Having removed the bezel and replaced it, you may have bought some additional clearance for the moment. The fact that we've seen success with just a bezel removal (without digitizer or assembly replacement) seems indicative of a mechanical issue.

Can you describe your thoughts on the digitizer-only replacement? I've heard it can be a bit tricky, and have only replaced the assembly on x20 and x30 units.

I am through with TOM TOM I bought a GARMIN

I found my own fix. I threw the TOM TOMs in the trash where they belong and I am passing the word on TOM TOMS lack of support. I am the proud owner of a GARMIN.:thumb:

Good luck!
But I've heard some scare stories about Garmin's customer support too....

Good luck!
But I've heard some scare stories about Garmin's customer support too....

Well all my evidence shows TOM TOM as a worthless company when it comes to support and standing behind their product.

I have no such evidence against GARMIN.

I wasn't denying TomTom's customer support often leaves a lot to be desired!

Al I was saying was that you MAY find Garmin products or support have issues too.

Just one old forum post I happened to have bookmarked....

mrg2003 said:
duckie008 said:
Reading through the forums i can see people are having so many problems and faults with the 520/720. Why is it everytime TomTom release a new product, whether its a Sat Nav, an accessory or software, there's always something wrong with it? ....
Maybe it's time for TomTom Customers to move on? Possibly over to Garmin?

One of my customers previously used Garmin, but out of 100 units / month, average 20 had faults, Garmin were less than helpful, since moving to tomtom, the figure has dropped to less than 5. I like tomtom as they support pna,smartphone,symbian,ppc,palm, embedded and open platforms, and their tech support, pre-sales ,post sales is much, much better.

I wasn't denying TomTom's customer support often leaves a lot to be desired!

Al I was saying was that you MAY find Garmin products or support have issues too.

Just one old forum post I happened to have bookmarked....

mrg2003 said:
duckie008 said:
Reading through the forums i can see people are having so many problems and faults with the 520/720. Why is it everytime TomTom release a new product, whether its a Sat Nav, an accessory or software, there's always something wrong with it? ....
Maybe it's time for TomTom Customers to move on? Possibly over to Garmin?

One of my customers previously used Garmin, but out of 100 units / month, average 20 had faults, Garmin were less than helpful, since moving to tomtom, the figure has dropped to less than 5. I like tomtom as they support pna,smartphone,symbian,ppc,palm, embedded and open platforms, and their tech support, pre-sales ,post sales is much, much better.

Maybe I'll just stick with my FORD SYNC direction services.

Ask a Question