help with tomtom go 630

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom GO 630
Hi all
iv brought a tomtom go 630 second hand will it be safe to format itand start from fresh? not woried about loosing the maps because i need to get the maps of uk theres Map: western europe v810.1907 on there

any help and advice would be gratefully apreciated

dave....

INFO
Device tomtom go 630
App 8.351 {9982/090518} OS:315187
64 MB ram {free 12.2 MB}
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120
Map: western europe v810.1907
Language: English UK

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

Why do you feel it necessary to format the unit? What issues do you have with it currently?

Theres no issues with it apart from i think the maps and poi are out of date thats all

can some one tell me how much they are out of date

please corect me if im wrong but dont i need uk maps not western europe maps as
im bassed in the uk?
stupid question i now but im new to tomtom

INFO
Device tomtom go 630
App 8.351 {9982/090518} OS:315187
64 MB ram {free 12.2 MB}
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120
Map: western europe v810.1907
Language: English UK

The Western_Europe map you have on the device includes the UK&ROI, you can either update the Europe map or purchase/ install the UK&ROI map, check which is cheaper though before you finally decide - Mike

Thanks for the reply its going to work out cheaper to purchase/ install the UK&ROI map ?29.95. once iv done that do i delete Western_Europe folder?

thanks dave

Keep a copy of the Western_Euope map on the computer, this way you can put it back on if you ever decide to travel in Europe - Mike

iv brought this map United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland v8.7 its all installed does this map include standard speed cams aswell or do i need to purchase them seperatly

thanks inadvanced dave.........

Your map possibly contains a demo version of speed cameras but the service is subscription based, to be honest the camera coverage and accuracy in the UK offered by TomTom is crap, hardly any locations where mobiles are known to operate from and the SPECS cameras through the motorway network in some cases are years out of date.

Have a look at what PocketGPSWorld.com has to over, again its a subscription based service but with accuracy you will not be able to beat - Mike

Ask a Question