Help - TomTom Go 630 or TomTom XL IQ Route2?

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to buy a SatNav but I can't decide between the TomTom Go 630 and the TomTom XL IQ Route 2. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two from what I can see other than the Go 630 has bluetooth capabilities, but then the XL IQ Route 2 is a more recent model.

I have found the TomTom Go 630 for ?159.99 and the TomTom XL IQ Route 2 for ?139.99.

What are your opinions on which one is better and why?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

The 630 is also capable of handling IQ routing in its maps. And it has a slot for a sdhc card.

I have the 630. Bluetooth seems flakey, and does not allow me to use the voice command fuction on my phone. Check the compatability chart on TomTom to see it you phone even works with it. Honestly I like my $30 plantronics earpiece better.
The SD card slot is a nice feature if you want to get more maps, voices etc.

The XL IQroute2 is a "simplified UI" device, which looks and functions a lot like an oversized Tomtom START.

Many customization options are missing on that UI. As a new GPS user, you'll probably prefer the XL IQroute2, since there are less options to play with and the menu's are more simple and straightforward. If you've used other Tomtoms (or highly customizable brands like Navigon) in the past, you'll probably prefer a more customizable device like the GO630.

Ask a Question