The "Easyport" on the new Tomtom one

N

NavtonesGPS

On the new Tomtom One range they have redesigned the mount, calling it the ?Easyport?, and has made it allows you to remove the mount from the windshield, and fold it up into the back of the GPS so you can still slip the GPS and the mount into your pocket.

Does anybody have a picture of this new mount folded up on the Tomtom? How will it really work? Would you have to have the suction bit facing out in your pocket causing it to gather fluff and pocket junk?
I like the idea but am not convinced!
The link is all about the new Tomtom one range but has not helped me with the question I have!!!

http://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-one-130-130s-xl-330-330s/#more-1467

Only from Yournav.com
1995.jpg

1993.jpg

Cheers!

Thank you. I guess it just snaps on and off! I thought it was made to stay on the device!

Same here at first. It is pretty interesting. I'm sure this will prevent vibration and it seems to cover quite a bit from the unit.

That's pretty freaking slick!

I just love the 3-point metal retention clips! It just snaps on and off, is adjustable, and as stated may be folded down towards the back of the unit, with the snap on suction cup attached.

You just have to respect industrial designers, especially those outside the US. :D

Last edited:
Based on what I've seen (in photos) it's pretty cool. The only drawbacks I can see are:
  1. Used as intended, the suction cup will collect dust/lint and be even more prone to falling off than these things already are
  2. Some people have complained that existing suction mounts put the device too far away. This design puts it even closer to the wind shield (farther away from the user), and the closer proximity to the wind shield may hinder adjusting the device position to be angled toward the user.
Regardless, it's another step in the evolution of OEM mounts.

I wish they would make a cradle with power supply like the G****n's... I get tired of plugging and unplugging the USB cable. Of course I get in/out all day long so maybe it's just me......

Based on what I've seen (in photos) it's pretty cool. The only drawbacks I can see are:
  1. Used as intended, the suction cup will collect dust/lint and be even more prone to falling off than these things already are
  2. Some people have complained that existing suction mounts put the device too far away. This design puts it even closer to the wind shield (farther away from the user), and the closer proximity to the wind shield may hinder adjusting the device position to be angled toward the user.
Regardless, it's another step in the evolution of OEM mounts.
I haven't found either of those things to be true.

Ask a Question