How easy is the "Easyport" on the new Tomtom One

N

NavtonesGPS

On the new Tomtom One range they have redesigned the mount, calling it the ?Easyport?, and has made it allows you to remove the mount from the windshield, and fold it up into the back of the GPS so you can still slip the GPS and the mount into your pocket.

Does anybody have a picture of this new mount folded up on the Tomtom? How will it really work? Would you have to have the suction bit facing out in your pocket causing it to gather fluff and pocket junk?
I like the idea but am not convinced!
The link is all about the new Tomtom one range but has not helped me with the question I have!!!

http://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-one-130-130s-xl-330-330s/#more-1467

I've included three images in that post which should help figure out how it works. You can click on each of the images to make them larger.

I haven't used one yet, but yes, the suction cup does face out when the mount is folded in, so it might gather some dust. My concern is the bulk that it adds to the device... sure it is more convenient from one standpoint, but it is also a bulkier setup that might not appeal to everyone.

I think those who remove the GPS from their windshield frequently to stow it away in a console or locked in the glove compartment will find it handy. Likewise if you take it with you and put it into a purse or briefcase you will probably find it handy as well.

But if you want to keep it in your pocket the extra bulk might not be as attractive as just taking the GPS with you and stowing away the mount elsewhere.

It also reportedly still works well "turned around" so the suction goes down onto the dash rather than up to the windshield.

More choices for the EasyPort Mount

Arkon has 10 new alternative aftermarket mounts coming out this week for the TomTom devices that use the EasyPort.

http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_easyport_mount.php

Here in the U.S., that includes the TomTom ONE 130, ONE 130-S, XL 330, XL 330-S. In Europe, the devices that use the EasyPort mount from TomTom are the ONE 22 Europe, XL 22 Europe, XL 22 Regional, ONE 22 Regional.

Arkon's mounting solutions that are compatible with the EasyPort work as follows... There's an adapter plate that converts Arkon's Dual T tab mounting pattern to the TomTom EasyPort mounting pattern.

Simply snap the adpater plate into the back of any TomTom GPS device that uses the EasyPort mount, and then connect whichever pedestal of choice you want to use with your GPS.

Choose from a windshield suction mount, cup holder mount, removable air vent mount, flexible steel seat bolt mount, adhesive dash mount, friction dash mount "aka Bean Bag Mount", lighter socket mount, vehicle specific mount, and a sun visor mount.

Ask a Question