TampaBay, Fl GO730 owner

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730S
As a new owner of a 730S I have found TT has gone downhill since the one we bought last year. Our older one (we gave it to our son) worked 100% perfect every time. Not so with the 730. We bought it in addition to GPS we liked the MP3 feature and the fact that instructions came over the radio.
The first one went back to the store DOA. The 2nd one is not consistent in quality. Fm works sometimes, sometimes not. MPS are not read correctly at times and we must take out the card and have TT reread it.
I bought a 16 gig card for music and it has trouble reading it. I called support and even tho the websight says it will handle the larger cards (Yes I did an update) the lady in support said I should not load anything larger than a 4 gig.
I also found that installing it on the ashtray (We don't smoke) it works better than on the windshield. This suggests overheating.
If anyone has a 730S and wants to compare notes my E-mail address in (e-mail address removed).

I am glad I purchased the stores extended warranty as I feel I will need it.
Thanks for listing to me whine, I feel better.

Ask a Question