T-Mobile

TomTom Model(s)
510 w/ iPod and RAZR Bluetooth
Does anyone have T-mobile with a RAZR V3 phone? If so do you have the data plan that enables the weather? Can you tell me how you set that up and how much you pay if you dont mind? I cant seem to find out how to get it anywhere. Searched the T-mobile site and nothing.

I have T-Mobile and a RAZR V3 and can't get my TomTom ONE to connect to PLUS services through the RAZR. I can pair the two via bluetooth but it fails when trying to setup wireless data services.

Have you been able to get this setup?

I have T-Mobile MobileWeb service for $5.99/mo. I called T-Mobile and told them I wanted to access the internet on my PDA utilizing a bluetooth connection with my RAZR (i thought I'd just confuse them if I mentioned the TomTom). Anyway I was told I needed the Internet access plan for an additional $29.99/mo. I'm not sure I believe that cause the woman didn't seem too confident with her answer.

Has anyone successfully been able to access TomTom PLUS with T-Mobile (in the US)? If so, what settings did you use?

I have the T-Mobile Dash, and cannot even pair my phone with the TT One. The TT Website says only T-Mobile MDA is currently supported.

I can now confirm that the PLUS services DOES work with T-Mobile's MobileWeb internet plan ($5.99/mo). Now I get Traffic and weather.

After the auto-config fails I used these manual settings on my TomTom ONE:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
Dial: *99#
Connection string: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" (case and whitespace sensitive)

And confirmed that this works? I will have to add the 5.99 plan and try it. I wonder if these will work for my 510, im sure they will i wouldnt see y not though. Thank you so much. Now im excited to get it working :D

Last edited:
Yep works for me. I used the traffic service for the first time this morning on my way to work, and it was awesome.

I am surprised. I have a Razr phone on T-mobile, and had tried the manual settings with no luck a few months ago. I was told by TT support that I needed the other service, as the 5.99 web access would not directly connect with outside (of T-Mobile) servers.

The 29.99 service is a combination of hot spot and web access, but since I almost never use the T-Mobile hot spots, I may drop back to the 5.99 service if you guys are SURE it works on that with the manual settings.

Question - when I tried earlier, in the manual settings mode, the menu offered choice of T-Mobile 1,2, or 3 - did you encounter that ? I tried all three.

Question - when I tried earlier, in the manual settings mode, the menu offered choice of T-Mobile 1,2, or 3 - did you encounter that ? I tried all three.

Yeah, I tried all 3 and none of them worked. But when they failed it asked if I wanted to configure it manually. That's when I put in those settings i posted above.

I just tried and it failed, with the manual settings, did you choose to automatically find an IP and DNS? and the username and password and blank right? Where did you get that information, cuz i dont think it works with my 510 i wonder if they are different. Dont worry aabout it, i figured it out and works perfet now. THANKS A LOT!!!

Last edited:
I've noticed that sometimes it fails to connect to the traffic service. When that happens, what I do is launch the wap browser on my phone and connect to the internet. Then close it, and retry traffic. It's like I have to remind my phone that it can connect to the internet. Weird.

When it doesnt connect to traffic for me i just pull up the weather then the traffic, works everytime

I can now confirm that the PLUS services DOES work with T-Mobile's MobileWeb internet plan ($5.99/mo). Now I get Traffic and weather.

After the auto-config fails I used these manual settings on my TomTom ONE:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
Dial: *99#
Connection string: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" (case and whitespace sensitive)

I guess this wont work for TT 300? i have tryed and tryed t to manual setting i am pissed that i cant get this to work, when i tryed this on the phone screen it shows GPRS ACTIVE and the TT screen shows 65% checking wireless data connection setting..... then it goes to UNABLE TO SET UP WIRELESS DATA CONNECTION.?????????????
IAM 2 sec from tossing this tt out the window. Please help

thanks Craig

I guess this wont work for TT 300? i have tryed and tryed t to manual setting i am pissed that i cant get this to work, when i tryed this on the phone screen it shows GPRS ACTIVE and the TT screen shows 65% checking wireless data connection setting..... then it goes to UNABLE TO SET UP WIRELESS DATA CONNECTION.?????????????
IAM 2 sec from tossing this tt out the window. Please help

thanks Craig

Unfortunately, it looks like T-Mobile just closed the loophole that was giving people internet access with only the T-Mobile Web Plan.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110240&page=14&pp=15

For me it stopped working last week. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. My primary use of my TT One was because of the Traffic Plus service. Now that it doesn't work for me, I don't really have much of a daily use for my One. And I don't want to spend $20/month just to get internet access from T-Mobile so that I can use Traffic.

T-Mobile T-Zones $5.99/mo. account is working for me w/o a proxy, no problem, here in Atlanta.

In the thread that I linked to above, it seems that there are a lucky few who still have it working. I am unfortuantely not one of them. Maybe they haven't gotten around to blocking it nationwide, or maybe it's just a temporary outage for certain parts of the country...hopefully it's the later.

T-Mobile sucks

Unfortunately, it looks like T-Mobile just closed the loophole that was giving people internet access with only the T-Mobile Web Plan.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110240&page=14&pp=15

For me it stopped working last week. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. My primary use of my TT One was because of the Traffic Plus service. Now that it doesn't work for me, I don't really have much of a daily use for my One. And I don't want to spend $20/month just to get internet access from T-Mobile so that I can use Traffic.

I haven't used the wireless connection between my TT ONE and my cellphone but I had it consistently working for quite some time. Tonight when I decided to play with it, it didn't work and dug in the forums for some info. That's when I saw your post above.

So I guess this means Northern NJ is out huh? Crap.

-N- :mad:

I know you guys are talking about the traffic but will T mobile work with the actual answer phone calls and the reading of text messages feature via bluetooth. Any problems so far?

720, traffic, Tmobile Dash

I see the settings earlier in the thread about attaching to Tmobile. Does anyone know where to try those settings on the 720?

I have Bluetooth connection with my Dash, it downloaded my phone numbers etc, but all my TT Traffic, Weather, etc just say, "This feature is not supported"

Any ideas?

Thank you

Don

Ask a Question