Support and Catch 22

I am new to Sat Navs. I have been trying to contact Support with a problem. I log in with my email, and thereafter am not asked for it again. I dutifully fill in all the boxes, then submit. Again and again it fails because apparently I haven't entered my email address. But there is absolutely nowhere for me to do so. Has anyone had, and overcome, this difficulty? And I can't find any alternative - no postal address, no telephone number.

Help would be apppreciated on (e-mail address removed).

Thanks

I am new to Sat Navs. I have been trying to contact Support with a problem. I log in with my email, and thereafter am not asked for it again. I dutifully fill in all the boxes, then submit. Again and again it fails because apparently I haven't entered my email address. But there is absolutely nowhere for me to do so. Has anyone had, and overcome, this difficulty? And I can't find any alternative - no postal address, no telephone number.

Help would be apppreciated on (e-mail address removed).

Thanks

See this link for support numbers in UK: http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=2

Yes, the email way of contacting TT support is very frustrating. AND, when (or if) you get a response, you can forget about replying to that email for followup. It just bounces as undeliverable. You have go through their website and start over again.

The last email I got from support took 5 days to respond when they promised to reply in 2 days. In the body of that email it said, "If we don't hear back from you in 72 hours, we'll assume your problem is fixed and close the ticket". That's when I found out you just can't reply to their email. :rolleyes:

I would call their 800 number if I were you:

866 486 6866

Rick, her email address imlied she's in Britain; that's why I provided (I hope) the phone number for there.

After going through pretty much the same thing with 6 support tickets, I finally broke down and called them. The rep I spoke to basically said they only use the online support if you already have an open ticket and need to upload documentation to them. They do not as a matter of course answer those tickets. Strangest way of doing online support I ever heard of! Every time I've needed support I could not get any solutions until I called them. For me that's inconvenient since I would have to call from work, and then wait til I got home to try the fix on my personal PC. In some cases this turned a few minute solution into 3 days.

Some support people are more adept than others at giving correct answers. The one you got was clearly not one of those. In other words, there are plenty of times users call for help without having a ticket first. And the phone support they get is top notch.

It's true that the call will cause the support person to give you a reference number but that is AFTER the call is made, not prior.

Ask a Question