How to get Factory support?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by wfopn67, Jun 24, 2020.

1. wfopn67

wfopn67

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 550
    Just purchased a new TomTom Rider 550 from Factory Outlet Store. The unit works fine but the charging mount is not.

I have checked the power source which is 12v direct from the battery. I get 12v all the way to the connector pins on the wire but the two pins on the mount only show 7.5 mv. When I go to the TomTom website I am unable to access it due to
    " site under repair". When I call their phone number it says email tomtom/support which takes me back to the site under repair. Are they closed due to covid or what?
    Thanks for the help!

wfopn67, Jun 24, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. wfopn67

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    There is no phone support any longer, just chat. Have you tried this number?:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

dhn, Jun 25, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. wfopn67

wfopn67

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 550
    Thanks for your reply, Yes I have tried that number, the recording sends you to the support website which is not available. Looks like TomTom has no way to be contacted for warranty. If that is the case I will be returning the unit to the seller and start some posts about a company selling a product with a false warranty .

wfopn67, Jun 25, 2020
  4. wfopn67

simacek

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom GO Premium X
    I have to agree with you. I bought a TomTom GO Premium X, a very expensive device and I have big problems. Exactly as you write, I can't call for troubleshooting. I probably made a big mistake when I bought this product. TomTom probably has big problems.

simacek, Jun 29, 2020
  5. wfopn67

wfopn67

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 550
    I purchased mine from the Factory Outlet Store, I emailed them and I did get a reply that they started a "ticket" and would be contacting me, that was last Thursday, Haven't heard from them yet.

wfopn67, Jun 29, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question