Go1005 no longer supported

Is it true my GO1005 is nonlonger supported for live services subscription renewal?
I called support but the girl I spoke to was pretty clueless and just kept telling me she could offer 25% discount on a new device

Thanks,
Ron

See here:

"SA">GO LIVE 1005, 4GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3
"SB">GO LIVE 1005, 2GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
"SE">GO 1005 / GO 2050, 4GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3
"SF">GO 1005 / GO 2050, 2GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Eol
"SI">GO LIVE 1005, 8GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3
"SQ">GO 1005 / GO 2050, 8GB, MyDrive Connect NAV3
"SR">GO 1005 / GO 2050, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

So, check the serial number of your device. If it starts with SB or SF, then it is EOL as the device has only 2 GB. If it starts with any of the other letters, it is fine.

Indeed, the 'break point' is whether your particular 1005 model has more than 2GB of memory. If it does, you're still OK.

Well TomTom CS certainly doesn't get any better!

After the girl at CS insisted I could no longer subscribe to live services I got stuck in a jam at the M26/M25 junction last night, after sitting there for 1/2 hour I called my wife and had her open the TomTom email and click on the "complete payment" link and within 5 minutes my Live Services were back! That link doesn't show in the emails on my mobile but if the girl had checked my account details she would have seen that my device was still supported and I could have avoided the jam!

As I said before, all she was interested in was selling me a new device, even when I told her I was still trying to find out what the status of 2G would be in Europe in a years time as the new Sim card devices operate on that network she never had a clue what I was talking about.

Is there a different contact number for TomTom to be able to talk to a different dept.?

T.I.A.
Ron

Just this one:

1f1ec-1f1e7.png
United Kingdom
02079 490 134
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Ask a Question