Strange XL325SE error....

TomTom Model(s)
Navigator 6 Dell Axim X5, XL325S
I am trying to use HOME, and can't get any updates, or anything done because a crazy error comes up, and when you hit OK, it just goes back to the menu, and I can't do anything... Here is the error:

ERROR: DesktopLib/DeviceItemScan/Error: Error during scanning for navigation items HomeBase/IO: Error reading file: F:\voices\data45.chk
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(2013)
@ .\framework\DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp(74)

in .\framework\DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp:74
Stack:
0. function errorAbortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:508
error(e);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:07:27 GMT

Is there any way to hard reset this thing, and start from zero?

That is a soft reset. I want to know how to do a hard reset. This will wipe everything I have put in, except what came in the box with it.

You can remove custom pois by using Explorer and deleting the .ov2 files (and associated .bmp files) from the map folder.

You can remove installed voices using Home.....

Looks like your voices files are corrupt. Close HOME and run a chkdsk /f on the tomtom drive.

Then, assuming you didn't buy any voices, delete the voices folder on the Tomtom and HOME will reinstall another one.

Also delete any files or folders starting with "found" if they show up.

They you should be able to reconnect to HOME. Also, make sure you update to app 8.083 as it helps with data corruption when transferring files.

Looks like your voices files are corrupt. Close HOME and run a chkdsk /f on the tomtom drive.

Then, assuming you didn't buy any voices, delete the voices folder on the Tomtom and HOME will reinstall another one.

That's the problem... I can't get in it to delete the files. As soon as it connects, it gives me the error, and goes back to where you click to show the files. When I run checkdisk, it takes so long, seeming to lock up.

Close HOME and plug in the Tomtom.

Then use winrar to open this file, and copy the "system" file within the archive onto the root folder of your Tomtom. It will overwrite the "system" file that's already there.

When the red x disappears from the Tomtom, disconect it from the computer.

Then turn it off and back on. Now, in the map status screen, you should see that the "boot" version has moved to 5.5136.

After it's on 5.5136, try the chkdsk/f again, as it should be much faster. Once the chkdsk works, you can delete the voices folder and try updating via HOME again.

Ask a Question