Strange behavior from my 910

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
So today I'm out in my Morgan with the 910 plugged in and getting power. I have not set a route because I know where I am going. I have started playing an MP3 album. As I am driving along I notice the display asking if I want to connect the device to a computer. It is on the dash mount, so there is no way for it to communicate with a computer. I push "No" and a little while later it asks again. Very odd. Anyone else have this experience? Any ideas?

I have 910 and often drive without a route as you described - never have seen this. It is only supposed to ask about connecting when it senses the USB connection (you are using the car mount and not the docking cradle with the power plugged in I assume). You might try the pin reset while it is on and see if it stops doing it.

Curious - what application version do you have on it ? A different (possibly new) version might clear it up.

I have 910 and often drive without a route as you described - never have seen this. It is only supposed to ask about connecting when it senses the USB connection (you are using the car mount and not the docking cradle with the power plugged in I assume). You might try the pin reset while it is on and see if it stops doing it.

Curious - what application version do you have on it ? A different (possibly new) version might clear it up.

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, it was in the car mount with the power cable plugged into the cigar lighter. That was the thing that was mystifying about it. There was no way for it to 'see' a computer. It is running the latest version of software, updated via Home. The problem occurred repeatedly for a while, but on the way back home it did not. If it occurs again I'll try the reset. I carry a paper clip with the screen wipe cloth. I learned to do that with my 700. :)

Ask a Question