Startup Images for 4.3" and 5" Wide-Screen Models

I've noticed on my 720 I can take any image I have in photo directory and set it as the splash screen. The TT makes a copy, reformats it (jpg > bmp) and put it in the correct place on it's own with no help needed from me.
yeah, since the XL and the XLS don't have the more advanced photo functions, i'm pretty sure you can only do it by hand.

Really like the startup screen posted in this forum. however, I have noticed that the 3.5" thread has more and the variety is great. Can those images be used in the 4" screen. If not then how and where can I get startup screens for the TT720 4" screen.
I really would love to see some southpark start up screen

Thanks

Here's a Toyota one I've been working with. I don't remember who did the original, but I added the TT logo.

Attachments

• splashw.zip
    119.7 KB · Views: 408
Hehe, my first post..... I just made this one. Hope the VW fans like it. :D

VW_Splash_1.jpg

I put the VW one on my TomTom with the same name and everything, however it doesn't work. I have the TomTom720. I just get a grey screen come up.

You need to make sure that the name is the same as the original splash screen (suspendw.bmp) and that the original is either deleted or renamed (suspendw1.bmp). I prefer to rename it so you can go back to the original if desired. If the name is not correct, you will get a grey screen.

On the 720 you don't have to rename the graphic. Just load it to your pictures folder (either as a .bmp or .jpg file) on the TT and then select it as the startup screen. The 720 will convert it for you and move the new file to the appropriate spot to be used as a start up screen. Manual intervention/manipulation is not required.

Just could not resist "splashing" the front of my ONE XL with my XR:p
RandyTrent

I guess I should have taken a pic of the splash screen on the TT,,, maybe later. Still having too much fun hacking away at the "add ons" you guys (and girls) have posted in this forum!
Never could leave good enough alone!

Last edited:
You need to make sure that the name is the same as the original splash screen (suspendw.bmp) and that the original is either deleted or renamed (suspendw1.bmp). I prefer to rename it so you can go back to the original if desired. If the name is not correct, you will get a grey screen.

I too have tried everything on my TT One XL S including that generator link trying to make my own, and there is only one picture from this thread that would work, all the rest I tried my screen would be blank grey when splash photo is supposed to show.

There must be something that is not being performed correctly by me, but I cannot find it, any special tricks with the XL one?

Cheers for any tips

The one I am using on my XL-S is 480x272 @24BPP. It's named splashw.bmp and it sits on the root of my XL-S. No problems at all with it.

the only part I am not sure of is the 24bpp?

The rest i know i have the correct settings.

That picture generator link would also not work I used the one xl option out of the selection maybe that is an issue?

24 bits per pixel = 65million colors
I use IrfanView to view my pics, and that is the information it gives me on the .bmp.

Download IrfanView - it's free and its a pretty good image viewer.

Ask a Question