Startup Images for 4.3" and 5" Wide-Screen Models

How about a BMW M Series Screen? Just the Mpower logo would be awesome.

Not the M3 or M5

hows this
bmw3284to6.jpg

oly

Last edited:
ok srry I just realized I have the ones I just made sized for the3.5 screen.......I will redo and repost
oly

I don't suppose anyone has one laying around for a 1st gen Hyundai Santa Fe? :) Or just a really cool Hyundai logo/TomTom logo...
If I were artistically inclined, I'd make one with a cartoon bulldog that said Big Daddy Navigation - along with the TomTom logo. My front plate has a bulldog with BIG DADDY written on it - a present from my wife and son. LOL

SShadow

I don't suppose anyone has one laying around for a 1st gen Hyundai Santa Fe? :) Or just a really cool Hyundai logo/TomTom logo...
If I were artistically inclined, I'd make one with a cartoon bulldog that said Big Daddy Navigation - along with the TomTom logo. My front plate has a bulldog with BIG DADDY written on it - a present from my wife and son. LOL

ok Big Daddy hows this one

bigdaddyyp6.jpg

For you Dodge fans:

DodgeBlack.jpg

DodgeBlackTT.jpg

DodgeWhite.jpg

DodgeWhiteTT.jpg

I've tried all of these on my 720 and they work fine. I have the first one set as my default start up screen now.

4.3" splash screen questions

I read that when I find an image I want I should size it as 22x22 & save format as (.bmp)

Question: for a larger screen (4.3") what is the size?

Q2. what's the process to get it on my TT XLS, Home2 then...

thank you.

I read that when I find an image I want I should size it as 22x22 & save format as (.bmp)

Question: for a larger screen (4.3") what is the size?

Q2. what's the process to get it on my TT XLS, Home2 then...

thank you.

I think 22 x 22 is for the POI icons, not the splash screens.

the 4.3" splash screen dimensions are 480 x 272

this is the process i used one on my XL. Open up windows explorer and navigate to where your TT is showing up as a drive. inside of it there is a file "splashw.bmp". Rename this file so that it has like _temp or _backup, for later reference. Move your new splash screen into the same location. rename your new screen "splashw.bmp". disconnect your TT and start it up, your new image should display.

the 4.3" splash screen dimensions are 480 x 272

this is the process i used one on my XL. Open up windows explorer and navigate to where your TT is showing up as a drive. inside of it there is a file "splashw.bmp". Rename this file so that it has like _temp or _backup, for later reference. Move your new splash screen into the same location. rename your new screen "splashw.bmp". disconnect your TT and start it up, your new image should display.

I've noticed on my 720 I can take any image I have in photo directory and set it as the splash screen. The TT makes a copy, reformats it (jpg > bmp) and put it in the correct place on it's own with no help needed from me.

Ask a Question