Startup Images for 4.3" and 5" Wide-Screen Models

My AntiTheft & Low Battery Screens

My AntiTheft & Low Battery Screens I made tonight.

Barbie
antitheftw.bmp

-photo by: Jill Greenberg

Flux Capacitor
lowbatteryw.bmp

:D

Last edited:
24 bits per pixel = 65million colors
I use IrfanView to view my pics, and that is the information it gives me on the .bmp.

Download IrfanView - it's free and its a pretty good image viewer.

Thank you, I will try, I hope it is MAC compatible.

Thanks,

Uh... No, I don't think there is a MAC version of IrfanView... If the .bmp is named splashw.bmp, it's located in the root of the unit, it's 480x272 pixels and no more than 24bit color, it should work without issue.
Not much else I can tell you, I'm afraid.

Uh... No, I don't think there is a MAC version of IrfanView... If the .bmp is named splashw.bmp, it's located in the root of the unit, it's 480x272 pixels and no more than 24bit color, it should work without issue.
Not much else I can tell you, I'm afraid.

Cheers Sshadow,

Appreciate the tips.....I will find some software to verify the 24 bit part, the rest I know is good.

One other thing, does this flip 90 degrees right apply to the XL or only to some of the other TT units? When I see the original splashw.BMP. in my root of the TT, the icon for it is not 90 degrees but right side up.

Have you ever used this splash generator? If so, which device option in the drop down box did you use to generate the picture, and did you upload the pic in a JPG format?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Back on page three of this forum, THIS was posted:

Well for the TT1, the image size needs to be resized to 320x240 but because it was made for a 4" the pic may look a bit funny because you are shrinking it.

You can try using this tool: http://neilstyles.com/generator.php

Note though you may need to use the file formats GIF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF...I tried uploading a .bmp and the site wasn't working for me.

It doesn't list the TT1, just choose the option GO 300/500/700 series. It also explains how to change your splash screen.

Last edited:
Tom Tom Matrix style

my little splash screen attempt; I love the Matrix
pic002ui7.jpg

Attachments

• pic002.jpg
    pic002.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,248
Last edited:
One question I have is how does one download to the forum a start up screen?? I resized the Compass bmp to fit a 4inch screen. I tried to download it in the forum and it is not showing up in the thread. I assume you use the paperclip as with other files.

One question I have is how does one download to the forum a start up screen?? I resized the Compass bmp to fit a 4inch screen. I tried to download it in the forum and it is not showing up in the thread. I assume you use the paperclip as with other files.

You need to click the picture icon on the menu
picture.gif

Jaguar

Haven't played around with Photoshop for a few years now.

New to both the forum and Tomtom, but thought I'd have a play at creating a splash.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Jaguar480x272.jpg

Here is my first attempt at tweaking my GO920 splash screen.
Laser vortex image using a homemade red 100mW laser pointer, spinning mirror and some incense.

ttlasersplash.jpg

Route 66 - The Valley

Here's my try for a start and shut-down screen... :)

Route 66
route-66.jpg

The Valley
the-valley.jpg

Original image credit goes to Nuah at WallpaperStock. I tried to attach a zip containing two 480 x 272 PSD files and one PSD for the logo, but I'm having some trouble uploading. I'll try to add that later.

Ask a Question