Start up

TomTom Model(s)
START 25
Hi sorry if this is a question that gets asked alot.I received my tomtom Start 25 yesterday,and its asking me for a activation code,but i cant find an activation code does anybody have any ideas were this could be,i got an email from tomtom with an e voucher attached that all i have received from them.
THANKS
Paul

Is it telling you what the activation code is for?

I think it could be for one of two things...
Either for the "Latest Map Guarantee (everyone gets one free map download when they first buy the device)

Or it could be for the "Lifetime map offer" (only certain models in certain countries get that).

If its for the first one, then you should be able to bypass it by downloading and installing the MyTomTom software (www.tomtom.com/getstarted) and creating a new user account for the Start 25 (don;t re-use an email address you've used for any other TomTom). When you connect the TomTom, the application should automatically check to see if you qualify for the Latest Map Guarantee. The new map is offered to you automatically.

If it's for the Free Lifetime maps, then I think you need to find a card in the box with a code printed on it.
If you really don't have one, then you'll need to call TT customer services (0845 161 0009 Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) or just take it back to the shop and swap it.

These articles on the TT website may explain more fully.

Ask a Question