start 25

TomTom Model(s)
start 25
Good evening everyone, Just joined the site as i am absolutely at my whits end with the second tom tom start 25 today....I bought one this morning and followed the start guide which said to go to tom tom get started site. So i did as i was told....(dont usually follow instructions)..I downloaded the software, connected the sat nav as required. It began to download updated maps of its own accord with no input from me...FANTASTIC i thought....Nooooooo, after 20 minutes it stopped downloading and froze. So i reconnected several times only to have the same thing happen at exactly the same point. So after disconnecting and restarting the sat nav it displayed no maps found, please install maps. I contacted tom tom support who sent me pages of settings to mess around with...which i could not follow nor had the patience for anymore. The retailer where i bought it from simply exchanged it for me. Problem i have is that i am scared of doing the same again....why is it so difficult....please someone help as i am about to return this one and go for another brand....any help would be greatfuly received....lee

tomtom have told me not to use windows 7 64 bit operating system as this has compatibility issues with their software.....WHAT........we are in 2013 are we not.....jeeeez....

Only a percentage of 7/64 systems seem to run up against issues, and we've never been quite sure what that is. Running in 'XP' mode may resolve it in your case.

Ask a Question