Spoken Address - Anywhere Option?

Hi Guys, I have a 530 which has the spoken address input which as a travelling engineer I use to enter business addresses. My problem is that when I speak the address I do the city step fine, then the street step and then I have a problem as it asks for a house number which I don't have. Now if I was typing the address, I would at this point press crossing and then "anywhere" so the nav would take me to the road.

If I say "Done" instead of giving it a house number it asks me to speak the crossing which is fine accept it won't understand "Anywhere" and insists on an actual crossing. I've tried saying "Done" but then it go's back to the house number and I get stuck in a loop :)

Is there any spoken way around this? I appreciate its a minor thing and I could just press the appropriate buttons but then that defeats the point of having voice input and means I can't enter destinations whilst on the move.

This appears to be part of an overall change in app 8.35x where you can no longer navigate to streets without putting in a house number. This affects those who wish to navigate by postcode even more.

My only suggestion is to say house number 1, and it will put you somewhere if that number is valid.

Ask a Question