Some Concerns re: new TOMTOM one

Doh! I honestly must have read right over that every time I read the post. (or mabe he edited -hehe )

I JUST and I mean JUST read a post teat someone has a 166X... but I personally have never seen such a thing listed online... (doesn't mean they aren't out there though)

I just replaced my standard kingston 2G card with a new the faster elite pro card the same dealer had one at the same price so I figured I would try it. and it is behaving like the old card, sluggish! If i want to do an advance plan of a location that is 1000miles away it takes many minutes before I get a result + it is sluggish when I type etc. I am frustrated here. the only thing i don't have on the 2g card is the tom tom screen advertising , i wouldn't think not having this would slow things down. Also with the 1G card I had lots of memory left over 2 to 1 meg usually, now it's .7 to .1 Meg. Any other ideas. Could it really be these kingston cards are so slow? or perhaps I have an odd setting causing the problem? I am using latest software upgrade and na maps and 7 or so voices

The more options you have turned on... ie POIs enabled, the slower the device becomes. Not sure what you have on... but suntime starts @ bootup, Tripmaster can be configured to start @ bootup, Event_Logger starts @ bootup....

Try a bare bones config. If it's still slow, or slow with your 1GB card.... you might have a bigger problem.

Heck even my Sandisk 4GB card runs fine....

I had my poi turned off. and don't have any third party programs, but in while driving around with it everything runs smoothly, the biggest issue is planning long trips

on the way to work today i played around with different destinations, I live in detroit area, first trip was to toronto, it took less than a min to route and did the proper routing for the trip. I cleared that then did chicago and also less than a min. to get a route. However when I did a trip to nyc again starting at my current location in detroit it took 5min!

wasn't using advance planner
i'm using the NA maps latest firmware and software

You definitely have a problem, maizeblue. On my TomTom ONE, it calculates Detroit to Toronto in 7 seconds. Detroit to NYC in 30 seconds.

So is the problem with the card, or with the internals of the TomTom?

I timed it with the usa and canada maps with my original stock tomtom card and detroit to toronto and detroit to toronto were about 15 seconds. NYC was just under 2 min.

Ask a Question