Some Concerns re: new TOMTOM one

I used to have 2 or 3 MB free, but that was on a clean card....frsh from the box. Haven't seen that again..ever.

correct , it's the original map that came with the unit

it's version 660.1215
the up to date version in on the dvd, i had the na version installed on the 2m chip, i will shortly install the usa canada version on this one

i updated my 1M sd card

it seems to be less sluggish than the 2d card i was using and on the advanced planning mode it's clearly faster on long routes but not as fast as you guys are claiming, I tried the dover , me to key west and it was about a min. I can handle that though . now i have .9MB free of memory ,
all and all the unit seems to have performed well and other than looking for a very fast but cheap 2G SD card I should be a happy camper, those extra poi are good to have

Curious... what brand of 2GB SD card you have...
you know, maizeblue did mention it... chalk another one that you missed :p

maizeblue, 660.1215 is NOT the latest one. The latest one is 665.xxxx

However, I find that 660 has more stuff and I'm not gaining anything in my area in 665 so to me, 660 is more up-to-date lol.

you know, maizeblue did mention it... chalk another one that you missed :p
Hey Nexty! Really? Can you quote that for me cuz I must be blind... still not seeing where he posted the brand of card he's currently using. ;)

...until AFTER your post :p

directly from tomtom, so they have a newer version???
Check your device for your current map version. With it on, click (or touch) the bottom right corner, a green screen should appear. Click the area that shows the app version to get another screen. This will have your device code and map version listed. For NA map the current latest version is 665.1293 If you have the NA map installed and the version is 660.xxxx you have an old version.

OK... as I thought but wanted to be clear. You'd start a riot if your ONE came pre-installed with 665 and you actually downloaded a newer version! :D

You used the phrase "downloaded the new" and had me raising an eyebrow! ;)

I assume when you say downloaded the new, you mean installed?

i can see the posts now... "what a new version already? i just paid my $6..."
hahaha

Thanks for clarifying maize, even if I was dreaming...

Hey Nexty! Really? Can you quote that for me cuz I must be blind... still not seeing where he posted the brand of card he's currently using. ;)

...until AFTER your post :p

Long distances seem to give it trouble. I am not sure if it's my Kingston SD 2 meg , I will switch it out when I get back home and use original 1 Meg card .
giving up the extra poi.

first page

Ask a Question