Should GPSQuickFix be showing up in my contents?

I was having trouble tonight fixing on a GPS signal with my XL-S. This was after I put in the 2gb SD card. I went to 'Show Contents' in Home, looked under applications and I didnt see a GPSQuickFix. I swear I used to see it somewhere. Is there anywhere else I should look or I could check to see if it is installed?

I was having trouble tonight fixing on a GPS signal with my XL-S. This was after I put in the 2gb SD card. I went to 'Show Contents' in Home, looked under applications and I didnt see a GPSQuickFix. I swear I used to see it somewhere. Is there anywhere else I should look or I could check to see if it is installed?

Not being no expert just a beginner with a TT One, I only notice it when I hook up to the computer to get updates? I'm very technical challenged.

If it truly is installed on your TomTom, is should be in the "Show Contents Of My Device" button in Home.

Try clicking on the "Update My One" button to see if an update for QuickGPSFix appears.

You could also try the "ADD MAPS, TRAFFIC, VOICES, ETC" ---> "ITEMS ON MY COMPUTER" button. If QuickGPSFix was previously downloaded, HOME should see it and allow you to install it.

NOTE: The folder in which the QuickGPSFix is located is:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\ephemeris

If all else fails, you may need to reinstall HOME like this person had to do: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7501

Last edited:

You know. After I updated to the current version of Home (2.2.1.58) I haven't received any GPS fixes either. Tonight I went in to Operate my device and went to the 3rd page and then selected the Plus services (even though I don't subscribe to them). Inside the Plus services you can manually download the fixes even if you dont subscribe to the plus services.

Now that's being all good and all, I still hope my automatic fixes will come back again sometime...:eek:

Hmmm... I think you're right - I've not gotten any GPSFixes either since .58... I'm going to sync mine now and see if I get one... I did notice it took a while to get a GPS signal this morning when I used the GPS - which I thought was odd. Several minutes compared to <10 seconds that it normally takes.

Just checked my emphermis folder on my computer, the last GPSFix was on the 9th of Feb. Looking at the .cab file there are two files in there, both with last modified dates of 12/29/2102 (Yeah, 2102!) I've searched for the ito.dat file on my GPS, but can't find that located anywhere.

I just went into the TTPlus and did the GPSFix download - but I can't figure out what file(s) are the GPSFix files. So I can't figure out if it actually updated or not. When I did the GPSFix download a 2nd time, it did it in less than a second, rather than the few seconds it did the first time - so it at least THINKS it downloaded something... *shrug*

Anyone know which files are the actual GPSFix files? Or know how to tell if you have the latest GPSFix update?

Last edited:
Hmmm... I think you're right - I've not gotten any GPSFixes either since .58... I'm going to sync mine now and see if I get one... I did notice it took a while to get a GPS signal this morning when I used the GPS - which I thought was odd. Several minutes compared to <10 seconds that it normally takes.

Oooh, That is not good. I thought mine was an isolated case. Now with two users there may be a bug in .58. It surely sounds like we have the same issue. Anyone else out there with this issue?

Yep, me too! Since the .58 update there have been no gpsfix downloads. I loaded an old gpsfix from my pc and then shut down HOME. Then I hooked it up again, and wa-la! I got a new gpsfix download. It ia a pain in the neck to have to work around the HOME "bugs"!

Yep, me too! Since the .58 update there have been no gpsfix downloads. I loaded an old gpsfix from my pc and then shut down HOME. Then I hooked it up again, and wa-la! I got a new gpsfix download. It ia a pain in the neck to have to work around the HOME "bugs"!
+1 rep to you. That worked perfectly. Thanks!

Ok, so I just did a new search for files modified today, and guess what... I now have ee_meta.tlv and lto.dat in the ephem folder on my unit that were not there before I installed an old update and then rescanned my unit for updates. Weird!

Last edited:
QuickGPSfix files

On my PC the GPSfix files are located in the folder EPHEMERIS which has folders QuickGPSfix and QuickGPSfix 1 thru 11. There are three files in these folders: ephemeris.dat,.png and .tok.
HOME .58 will show what is in the PC ie: Ver1203174429 QuickGPSfix-11 but
shows the TT(XL-S) has ver1203174439 installed.
Could only get fix updated by re-installing HOME2.1.
Have sent TT support a query about the difficulty to update with .58.
Maybe someone in the group might come up with a solution.

Last edited:
Anyone know which files are the actual GPSFix files? Or know how to tell if you have the latest GPSFix update?

My quickfix folder dates for February are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th and then I got one for the 11th last night at 8 pm Eastern.

I was unable to get a GPSFix update on either internal memory or my SD card (I keep both up to date - never know when the SD card is going to go south) unless I installed an old GPSFix update.
Maybe they've implemented the 7 day update as described in the TomTom FAQ... (It says that there will be an update every 7 days...)

Ditto... and no problems here with *.58

Well, I count on TTHome to give me a chuckle every time I use it. It didn't let me down this time, either. I was in the update screen and, by mistake, forgot to uncheck one of the voices it keeps wanting to install. So, I clicked the 'Abort' button. Suddenly, all the rows on the screen went bold red with 'Aborted by User' showing, which was fine. But then, .58 then went to a screen saying I wasn't connected to the Internet! Every time, it's something different.

I DID offer to be a ? tester for them since I test software for a living. They didn't accept.

Oh well, let's see what the next day will bring. More laughs, I'm sure.:D

Well, I count on TTHome to give me a chuckle every time I use it. It didn't let me down this time, either. I was in the update screen and, by mistake, forgot to uncheck one of the voices it keeps wanting to install. So, I clicked the 'Abort' button. Suddenly, all the rows on the screen went bold red with 'Aborted by User' showing, which was fine. But then, .58 then went to a screen saying I wasn't connected to the Internet! Every time, it's something different.

I DID offer to be a ? tester for them since I test software for a living. They didn't accept.

Oh well, let's see what the next day will bring. More laughs, I'm sure.:D

I'm seeming to be experiencing a sense of D?j? vu....wasn't there a program several years ago that seemed to pop up a different bug every time it was used?............oh, wait........that was MS Windows 9x :D

There is an alternate way to get the latest Ephemeris file from Tomtom that needs to be computer litterate.

Go to the location where Tomtom Home downloads and that can be found in the preferences of Home. Go to the ephemeris folder and look in one the subfolder for the file Ephemeris.toc. Open that file with your text editor (Notepad). You will see the download url with the needed parameters. Copy and paste that url in your browser and it will download the latest ephemeresis.cab file. If you have Winrar installed, you can unarchive that file and update the lto.dat and ee_meta.txt files on your internal memory or SD card ephemeris folder.

QuikGPSfix .58 Working

If this newbie is posting this incorrectly I apologize to the group.
Installed HOME 2.2.1.58 again and worked perfectly. Downloaded the latest Mapshare and QuickGPSfix.
Home now shows I have Fix-12 ver1203287693 in my PC and my XL-S:D
Feel like I have egg on face;)
Hope all the members had the same luck. See what happens the next go round.

Irv

Ask a Question