SD Card

Would anyone happen if the 510 can accept a 2GIG or larger SD card? What I would Like to do is copy all the files from my factory SD card onto a larger card and store the factory provided one as a backup.

Thanks,

Javier

Would anyone happen if the 510 can accept a 2GIG or larger SD card? What I would Like to do is copy all the files from my factory SD card onto a larger card and store the factory provided one as a backup.

Thanks,

Javier

It definitely does.

You can go 2GB or 4GB. Do you have any brands in mind?

Just installed a Sandisk 2GB and very happy. The NA map already has a few changes that I can see in my area (though the errors I reported are still there). I can have my games, movies and apps (tripmaster, suntime, offroad navigator) all on the same card!

3rd party

i have the 2 geg SD card installed too .
I just copied the info from the original SD one and i can have everything now , but i need to know if there is a 3rd party application (safe ones) so i can install on my tom tom 510, and if you can advice me on some of them and what can i do with it , i am new to Tomtom and need your advice.

Thanks
Philippe

I just started using a 2gig Sandisk Ultra card and my 510 seems to move through the menu alot faster. There always seem to be some kind of delay when using the arrowa but this seems to have been eliminated. I'm preping for the new nav software from TT. I was down to about 24 megs of memory and now I am almost at a gig.

Anyone know where I may able to get a non-sdhc card? I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Most don't even list if they are SDHC or not. Any recommendations?

2 gig Norcent card

I got a 2 gig Norcent card and it was working fine for about a month and suddenly, i was trying to put it on and find a location when i found that there is no sound ( and i tried to switch it off and on) but never get on back but it showed me on the screen to removed hte SD card, i didand tried to reinsert it but same. i didnt turn on until i get back home and reinserted the original card.
I can access the card with the card reader but not on the Tom tom 510 anymore.
Do you have an explanation for that ?

thank you
Philippe

I tried copying all of the files off the stock 1 gig card onto my 2 gig card (for my 510) - however when I go to run it and select a map, it tells me it isn't activated. I went to ttcode.com, entered my product code and device code, but it tells me that isn't the right activation code when I enter it on the device. Switching back to the 1 gig card gives me no problems. (On another note, using the 1 gig card and using the "on screen" (PC screen) thing in TomTom Home and I have activation options too).

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to copy it so it copies the activation data as well? Perhaps I'll try calling support about the activation problems in TomTom home, I imagine they won't be too helpful when I want to use another SD card.

I tried copying all of the files off the stock 1 gig card onto my 2 gig card (for my 510) - however when I go to run it and select a map, it tells me it isn't activated. I went to ttcode.com, entered my product code and device code, but it tells me that isn't the right activation code when I enter it on the device. Switching back to the 1 gig card gives me no problems. (On another note, using the 1 gig card and using the "on screen" (PC screen) thing in TomTom Home and I have activation options too).

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to copy it so it copies the activation data as well? Perhaps I'll try calling support about the activation problems in TomTom home, I imagine they won't be too helpful when I want to use another SD card.

After some deeper seaching, maybe I found my answer:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=153

Will try when I get home.

Anyone know where I may able to get a non-sdhc card? I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Most don't even list if they are SDHC or not. Any recommendations?
If possible, visit a regular store and look at what they have. Copy down the UPC barcode of a 4GB non-SDHC card. :) Then use that online to find what you want.

Or just buy it at the store. :)

I usually buy my cards at Fry's, because I don't trust the online stores to send me the right thing. To them, 4GB is the same as 4GB SDHC. To us, 4GB is good and 4GB SDHC is unusable crap. :)

Ask a Question