sd card for go 710

TomTom Model(s)
go 710
hi all,
can anyone tell me what size and type of sd card i can use in my old 710 ?
at present i have a 2gb sd card, but would like to use a 4gb card as i only have about 45mb left on the card.
So far have tried two 4gb cards one was a sdhc card and the other was a non hc card both cards copied ok but both would not run in the 710, the sdhc card came up with a white card with a red cross, the non hc card fired up as far as the load page but locked up before the map page, and had to be turned of.
any help or ideas on this please
regards

This has cropped up quite a lot recently in different posts.

Firstly the old GOx10 models cannot use SDHC.

Secondly, TomTom only recommend using max. 2GB SD cards in them.

Thirdly, 4GB non-HC SD cards do exist, but they are slightly non-standard as the original SD card specification only goes up to 2GB

Fourthly, many people (myself included) have successfully used 4GB non-HC cards in old models such as the GOx00 and GOx10 ranges, but others (like yourself have had problems with them.

So it just comes down to being lucky with the card you use.
Unfortunately, they are quite hard to find these days (as more and more equipment is capable of using SDHC) so it's not easy to recommend a particular brand.

I think the last ones I bought were labelled "Pinnacle" and came from a UK wholesaler called CPC.but they are now selling "Pretec" ones.
Cat. page - http://cpc.farnell.com/pretec/sdy04g/memory-sd-card-4gb-60x/dp/MD00020
Mfg data sheet - http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/815570.pdf

Out of interest, have you tried the existing 4GB card in anything else, such as a camera?

Last edited:

Ask a Question