Go710 saying no card

TomTom Model(s)
go710
I have the go710 which worked perfectly well up until I tried to update it, now it says no card when there is, contacted Tom Tom who are not inerested at all only in selling me another device in fact I'm still waiting for the return call I was promised from them
Can anyone help or advise me please

What does it say when you are connected through Home.

What do you see when looking at the 710 with Windows Explorer.

If your PC does not recognise your separate drive, do you have another USB cable with which to connect?

Thats the thing it does load it as a device, but when I go on Tom Tom home it tells me no device also when it connects to pc It doesnt ask if I want to connect

Just says no device connected all I get on device is the grren/white screen with pic of device in, if I open devices and printers it tells me the 710 is there as drive f if I try to open it says insert card but card is in it

Thank you for your help so far, I did wonder if maybe it was the map card itself, was hoping to find someone close to me to let me try theres or get a copy off someone to try out,

Maps are assigned to individual devices.
You cannot see the map from another device on your machine.

I am not physically familiar with a 710 but I thought it had a ard disk built in, not using a card.
Since you are talking about a card, put it in your PC's reader and see what Windows Explorer finds.

OK thank you, didnt know maps are to device so basically the device is useless now
When I put it in reader it doesn't find it, but I can open it and read all files on there, doesn't make any sense to me at all

If the reader can't find it, how are you looking at the files? What exactly do you mean by 'doesn't find it'? Your OS is seeing the card if you can browse it.

If I put in a card reader details will show on pc, but if I connect the 710 to pc it finds it and lists as a drive but tells me to insert a card even when there is a card inserted
When you normally connect the 710 to pc it asks if you want to connect it doesn't do that anymore but finds it and lists as seperate drive but wont let me look at anything

That brings us back to post #4, above. Do you have another cable you can try? The 710 doesn't seem to believe it's being connected to a USB data port.

Having checked card thouroughly I noticed it started to update the following 3 files
tthome.btp
currantmap.dat
settings.dat
Many Thanks for all replies and help

Ask a Question