GO710 - is it fixable?

BOF

Hello folks. Forum newbie here. My GO710 seems to have software problems. It charges OK, and seems to boot up OK, but when I touch the "Navigate to" icon, whether I then select "City Centre", "Address", or "Postcode", I get the "City" option next. The "Favourites", "Recent Destinations" and "POI" option seem to work OK - so far at least. Can anyone tell me whether there is a fix for this? HYCH.

BOF

When you select 'address', the next screen IS the one asking for a city. What did you expect to see?

Are you UK based as Postcodes are rather UK centric?

If so have a look at the device using Windows Explorer, locate the zip folder on the device and is there anything in it? - Mike

I expected to see the input screen for the street name, not the city. Is it not normally so?

It is, admittedly, a while since I have used the thing, but I don't think I have ever been asked to input a city before when trying to input a postcode, either. Is that, too, normal?

BOF

If you Navigate to "City Center", then once you type in the city it will take you to the center of the city.

If you Navigate to "Address", then you have to type in the City and once you type in the city you then choose a street within that city, and on the next screen you choose a number on the street

In the USA, "Navigate to postcode" lets you type in the numeric postcode. I believe the UK functionality is different (especially with your alphanumeric postcodes), so I can't help you with that one.

The navigate to Address, Crossing or Intersection and City Centre will first ask the city you are heading for. This narrows down the street names to a specific area.
In the UK for example, imagine how many 'Church Streets' or 'London Roads' there are. Pop in the City (or Town) and the streets can be narrowed down. Postcode option (in UK) just asks for the standard alphanumeric code then gives the street(s) associated with that postcode depending on how much of the postcode you enter.

Ollie

Ask a Question