Sd card dont work

I got a tt 920 i put a little bit of stuff like 2 songs and 1 picture just to try the card out but it doesnt work. When i started up tomtom home it shows the sd csrd synbol i picked the card but there is noting on it. I also have a card reader and the card reader picked it up. BTW i am using a Canon 16MB card only planing on a bigger one when i solve this problem any ideas

It should be a sdhc card for that model but the songs must be in mp3 format AND placed in a folder on the card named mp3 (all lower case). The picture must be placed in a photos folder on the card to be 'seen' by the application.

the card im using is 16 mega bytes not gigs. do you know what format the suppose to be in ? i have it on fat32. i tried the folders and still it doent work. is there an option im missing out probaly to turn the sd card slot on? also i tried it out at bestbuy on another tomtom and it doesnt work either so maybe its a format issue?

16 megs?? Strikes me that the disk won't work.

When you insert it into the unit and start Home, does Home ask what storage area you want to select, internal or external? If not, you probably aren't going to be successful. Fat32 is the proper format for a sdhc card, NOT for a simple sd card.

Suggest you get a proper sdhc card for the unit. A 4-gig may be a good choice and try for as fast as you can get (class 4 minimum).

well i got a ADATA 16gbhc class 6 i got fed up trying to use it so i tried a basic one just to start off with. When i start tomtom home it does ask me what i want to choose internal or sd card that works with both cards

Now i got it to work finally thanks man but i got one more questions. can you use the 16gb hc card? and what is the instructions?

The 920 will see the storage area on a sdhc card in conjunction with the internal storage. So, in your case, that'd be a total of 20 gigs to play with. You can mix and match maps by keeping one (like NA) on internal and move the WE folder to the card. You can put all maps on the card. You can put all the mp3's on the card (proper folder, as you know). Choice is yours.

Just remember, when you make your Explorer backups (you do, right?), you'll want to make two of them: one for internal and one for the contents of the card to a different folder on your computer.

Ask a Question