SD card dilemma

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Help!

Alright, so I've decided to upgrade the SD card. The following are my options. I've pretty much ruled out the Ultra II since that's quite expensive.

My question is whether I should go with 2 or 4GB. I want to go with 4GB as I'm planning to get MobilNova in the future but I don't know if MobilNova will work with NavCore 7. This then leads me to the 2GB (which is the safe bet) so I can at least load the North America maps (1.4GB). but that'll leave me 600MB for games, TripMaster and MobilNova (how many MB per movie?)

Here are the options:

2GB Sandisk (Cdn$45) (I can also buy it from the US if I have to... i think you guys have it at RadioShack for US$20ish?)
2GB Kingston (Cdn$26)
4GB Sandisk Ultra II (Cdn$117)
4GB Transcend (Cdn$56)

TIA!

P.S. I can't find Battom's thread or the one that has the list of compatible 4GB cards

If you want to go 4GB SD card (a non-SDHC to be exact), I believe their is only two that work:

1) Transcend
2) Topram

For a 2GB SD card, you can pretty much choose any manufacturer. I went with a brand called Crucial ($20) and it's been working fine for me.

alright.. so 4GB Transcend or 2GB Kingston. eh?

The question is whether I want more space or stick with something smaller... (which will depend on whether MobilNova will work on NavCore 7... argh).

I don't know actually. My dad gave me the prices cause he said he'll order from me (locally apparently). I can ask if you want.

The question is whether I want more space or stick with something smaller... (which will depend on whether MobilNova will work on NavCore 7... argh).

Personally, I like the 2GB card because I feel like its plenty of space for short clips or tv episodes. I kinda don't like converting dvd movies because it takes a lot of space and watching 2 hours of content on a small screen can be a little cumbersome.

Personally, I like the 2GB card because I feel like its plenty of space for short clips or tv episodes. I kinda don't like converting dvd movies because it takes a lot of space and watching 2 hours of content on a small screen can be a little cumbersome.
good point. I was thinking movies but then again I was thinking how often would I be in the car that I would be able to watch a full movie (unless it's a road trip down to the States, in which case i'll just delete the other prgms to make space).

How much space does a typical 30 min tv show take up?

Yeah, I can put a lot if you compress the files well.

As long as quality is decent for that small screen. It's already small so you don't want pixelated clips ;)

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10059941&catid=11433&logon=&langid=EN

SanDisk 2GB Secure Digital Ultra II Memory Card - Web Only
$29.99 :)

Edit: I too is getting Mobilnova and needs a bigger stick ;)

So what's the difference between the regular and the Ultra II? Will the Ultra II work?

As long as quality is decent for that small screen. It's already small so you don't want pixelated clips ;)

So what's the difference between the regular and the Ultra II? Will the Ultra II work?
The Ultra II runs faster, I am using a pq1 Hi-Speed 150 which works fine. Got it through Woot.com some time ago for around $20.00

Thanks everyone! I settled for a 2GB Sandisk (standard one) which I got from Radioshack (US!!) for $24.99++. Waay cheaper than the Cdn$44.99 they're asking up here.

Ask a Question