Screen frozen and will not power off

My power was low so I plugged my 910 into my computer to charge it. It worked fine. The green light went on and all things were a go.

However it did not identify my cell phone.

I signed up for audio books and down loaded the audio books software and believe I downloaded a free story to my 910. I connect to the TomTom site check for updates and then the problem began.

Now when I connect to my computer the TomTom site does not recognize the device and get message to connect the TomTom which has been done.
I can not power down the device and the default screen is still on and has been for six hours.

On the home page of My PLUS services show my device: TomTom GO 910 standard GO 910 software as (No Traffic No maps No POI) I had this software before I down loaded the audio books.

I?m reading about a reset button, which I can?t find would this help?

I?m not sure what I did? I?m going on a trip Monday morning and really need my TomTom and your help.

I?m getting a little crazy looking at this screen any ideas?

Thank you,

Jim Johnston

Last edited:
Hello Jim and welcome! Sorry you are having problems. Im sure the reset will work using a pin.

What kind of cell phone do you have? Did it connect to your unit before?

Also you mention that TomTom Home doesn't recognize your device?

Wish I was smart

Thanks for the heads up on the reset button. TomTom Home now recognizes the device. I went through the whole process.Did not press it, but I think I theres a reset button on the docking station, is that possible?

I kept the device connected as instructed. Let it charge for a few hours. I then powered up the unit got some drum beats and the same thing happened. Default screen could not shut it off had to press reset button.

When I connect to the PC and turned on unit it goes to the TT site says no updates.

I get please wait (on screen) flashing message lower right side. It goes off the I get a screen on the computer and have the setup window, English, right handed, etc.

Then I get a screen on the PC with my correct home location.

But nothing on the unit screen. When I turn on the unit the whole problems starts again.

The phone had worked with the init now the phone icon on the web site screen is not evened highlighted.

I've got more problems than math book. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid.

Thanks,

Jim

When you are connected to TT Home on the computer, you will not see normal screen on the unit - only on the computer. Also, many functions (like the phone) will not be active when you are connected.

Ask a Question