Safety Camera for US

I was wondering if there is any safety camera update for US. I always get safety camera update for Netherlands/France/Denmark/UK but not for US. Around my home there are three safety red-light cameras but TomTom Go 910 don't alert me there.

The TomTom speed camera service does not cover the US.

You could make your own POI set to be alerted to them. Maybe someone else here already has done?

Newbie here. Not sure exactly where to post related questions about red light cameras.
I am creating custom POI for red light cameras in my area (actually modifying previously posted POI) and am not certain how to specify if camera covers all directions vs just E-W or N-S intersection travel. IOW, must I include a SEPARATE POI for EACH direction of a 4-way intersection? My own results so far indicate that this will be necessary as some intersections do not warn until well past the lights (in the vicinity at which a warning for the opposing direction should alert). Even more complicated are cameras at ALL intersections of ONE-WAY DIVIDED highways in which 2 cameras must be included for each intersection for a total of 8 cameras for the 4-intersection divided highway scenario. If that's the case, my POI for red lights will ultimately be very large by having to include so many POI's for just one intersecion of streets. Is there an easier way to make a red light camera POI include all directions or specify which directions of travel to include, such as when only E-W streets have cameras in use?
Thanks

I only made one listing for each intersection. This is easier. I once had the listings on each corner there was a camera for the intersection. The POI on the map had the icon overlapping each and didn't have use for it.

Phoenix, AZ Metro cameras

I have a good majority of the cameras for the Metro Phoenix area, Including those pesky cameras on the freeway.

I'd be happy to pass along what I have if someone could help me with posting that .ov2 file here. I can't seem to make it work. (says its an invalid file). Thx

I was told by TT support that a US customer cannot update European speedcams either. I was getting th update notification on Home 2.1 a month ago. I would try to load but it never would. That's when I called TT. They said US law does not allow for speedcams even for Europe.

I would like more info from anyone and/or a way to update European speedcams.

They said US law does not allow for speedcams even for Europe.
Now that's strange. In the US they allow the use of radar detectors and deflectors. In the EU these devices are totally forbiden. Most EU countries allow the use of POI alerts in GPS devices, but Switzerland does not. So if you plan to rent/travel by car in Switzerland and use your own gps device, be careful because aside from the fact that you have to pay a very big fine on the spot, the device is confiscated and no way to get it back. I was told by a friend who works for the customs office that all confiscated units are crushed and thrown away.

Yeah I know, but that's what TT told me when I inquired about updating my European speedcam POI's. I found them to be a great help in Germany.

Ask a Question