route to itinerary

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540S
I have prepared a fairly long route and it is just what I need after viewing the demo. Now how can I save it as an itinerary? I have a TT XXL540S. I read on an earlier post that this was possible but don't think it explained how to do it.
Thanks

How did you prepare the route, Marge? Advanced planning? If so, I'm afraid you'll have to redo it in Itinerary Planning. I don't know of a way to export an Advanced planning route to Itineraries automatically.

You may also wish to take a look here:
Using Google Maps For Itinerary Planning

I prefer to use the (Beta ?) version of Routenoptimierung . Your device must be connected through HOME.
For a brief test I entered
Start: sidney, nsw
Destination: lithgow, nsw
Stop-overs: katoomba, nsw
and it works perfectly (as it is the Google map, no need to capitalise anything).

For English click on en in the top right corner.
Make sure the Stop-overs (waypoints) are on separate lines and terminate with a ; (semi-colon).
Click on start, left bottom.
The resulting trip will be displayed on a page with text in German only (if you click on en again you'll end up with the start page but using the browser back button you will not have lost your data).
No matter the German
Under the Google route map it will display Gesamtstrecke: (Total distance) in kilometres (143 in this example)
and Zeit: (Time) 2 Stunden (hours) 35 Minuten (minutes).
No matter.
Click on the box [tomtom/itn] and follow prompts in HOME for saving.

The ITN file saved has a mile long name, starting with zrp.
Use Windows Explorer, open the itn folder and rename that new file to anything you like, making sure that the extension remains .itn.

Give it a try, it is really much easier to use than to explain.

Ask a Question