Preview Itinerary Routes?

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd edition
Hi,

Not sure this is possible but thought I would ask. I have a mutli city trip coming up and am using my TT1 to plan the itineraries from airport to client to client etc.

Is there any way to preview the route that TomTom will take me on ? So far only way I can find is to recreate the each leg in route planning.

Given the comments in this forum on TomTom's sometimes questionable routing I want to see how it will take me there.

I have seen the posts on Tyre but it doesn't seem to provide an easy way to create destinations (no address search that I could find) with Google Maps. Will try Google Earth tonight.

Thanks
Marc

You can use the 'Advanced planning' function to look at each leg of the trip. Enter the departure point and the arrival point. When the route has been calculated, press 'Details' and then 'Browse map of route'. This allows you to examine in detail the route that the TomTom has created.

Preview Itinerary

Thanks but I believe that would require re-entering each leg in the advanced planning. What I would like is to be able to have the TomTom pull each leg from the itinerary,

Marc

An easy way would be to save the different destinations in advance as 'Favorites'. Then when you are ready to leave, you simply navagite to the next one on your list.

If you don't want them mixed up with your existing list of Favorites, then I would suggest changing them to POIs with their own category.

The 'Itinerary' Function will do all of this for you. But it's hard to check out in advance as it assumes you are starting the route from your present position.

Turn off GPS receiver ?

By accident I discovered a way to do this. I was inside and not getting a GPS signal. When I loaded the itinerary it asked me if I wanted to pick a starting poitn to preview the route. Works like a charm.

Corallary question: Is there a way to turn off the GPS receiver ?

Oddly enough it is hard, even inside, to get the unit to lose a GPS signal!

Marc

turning off gps receiver

Go down to the basement.:D

You would think. My office is in the basement, I have a small window above it and that's enough. I even walked away into my workshop and somehow it was still getting signals.

:eek:

Ask a Question