Show itinerary route?

New question: Navigator 6 on Life Drive.

When I plan an itinerary, is there a way to see the route in browse mode? I haven?t figured how to see the points and route without Nav in navigation mode.

New question: Navigator 6 on Life Drive.

When I plan an itinerary, is there a way to see the route in browse mode? I haven?t figured how to see the points and route without Nav in navigation mode.

You've probably found the solution to this by now, but for those who are interested - TomTom can be "fooled" into plotting an itinerary and showing you the map of the route, including all the waypoints, as follows (copied from from another forum and amended to suit TT6)

- Itinerary planning can only be completed (including calculating the route) with a valid GPS signal present.

• Workaround:- tap the Advanced Planning icon; set departure as a point very near the FIRST point on your itinerary. Set destination as another point even closer to the first point on your itinerary. Calculate the route. then select "Show route demo"; tap the screen once you are approaching the destination point and confirm that you want to stop the animated demo. Now your TomTom thinks it stands at the point where you stopped the demo.

So go to Itinerary planning. Load your itinerary. TT6 will now ask you if you want to navigate to the first destination. Answer YES. The route will now be calculated and you'll be able to view it on the map etc etc

All this TomTomfoolery really should not be necessary, but that's TomTom for you!

Good luck
John

Ask a Question