Reset after every turn

You're up to firmware 8.080. dhn seems convinced the 330 was part of the update of many units to 9.430. I don't show anything later for that unit than 8.083. I don't think that the 325 or 330 were included in that last round of firmware changes. I'm pretty sure that started with the 335/340.

I certainly can be mistaken in this matter (as to what application you should have).

Connect to Home and run the emulator (Operate my Unit). Add a favourite. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. See if that helps.

"operate my XL" - added a favorite, "disconnect" - rebooted, "no maps found".... bwahhahahha.. I'm going to check the file directory again in windows.... why would there be maps on the device when connected to my pc, but no maps when disconnected??

It's really not necessary to give a play-by-play with multiple postings.

Was the map on the unit the original or was it ever upgraded in the past?

ERROR: DesktopLib/FileCopy/Error: An error occurred. Unable to create the files required to copy this item to your computer.
@ .\controller\FileCopyThread.cpp(161)
An error occurred while reading this file: "C:\Users\Daddy\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\XL\Backup01\InternalMemory\program\Application.tlv"
An error occurred while writing to this file: "O:\program\Application.tlv"
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

in .\controller\FileCopyThread.cpp:161
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:81
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1060
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:76
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:68
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:03:33 GMT

It's really not necessary to give a play-by-play with multiple postings.

Was the map on the unit the original or was it ever upgraded in the past?

sorry, just trying to keep everyone up to speed... I'll temper it down a bit....

It was the updated maps, I think thats when i started having problems. I've had the unit for 2.5 years, with no problems. About a month ago, I updated it.

Well, if you did update the map, it should be found here in compressed format:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

You could try to reinstall it manually:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

So, I'd suggest this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

2. Use Explorer to delete everything in the specific map folder on the unit BUT keep the folder there.

3. Use the manual method shown above to reinstall the map.

4. See if things are better now.

Ask a Question