Reset after every turn

TomTom Model(s)
TT 330
my 330 is resetting every time I take a turn. I updated it, until then it was working fine. Now, everytime I take a turn, it does a complete reset and comes back on where I am, with the same directions in it. This continues untyil the next off ramp, or turn, then it resets again. sometimes it just freezes at the on ramp, then wont do anything. Stays stuck on the screen right before the ramp and freezes. Help!! I've looked everywhere for a solution and got nada....

By 'resetting' do you mean rebooting the unit?

Try doing a reset of the unit yourself by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sound (unless your model has a dedicated reset button).

If that doesn't help, first make an Explorer, not Home, backup. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Then connect to Home, manage my unit, items on unit, program (application) and choose to remove it (disregard the warning). Next, move to Items on Computer and remove the application there as well.

Next, 'update my unit' and install the application offered (should be 9.430). Disconnect from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

By 'resetting' do you mean rebooting the unit?

Yep, it does a complete reboot....

Try doing a reset of the unit yourself by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sound (unless your model has a dedicated reset button).
Yup, tried that one... no change....

If that doesn't help, first make an Explorer, not Home, backup.

Do i really want to back up a non working copy??? well, ok...done...

Then connect to Home, manage my unit, items on unit, program (application) and choose to remove it (disregard the warning). Next, move to Items on Computer and remove the application there as well.

Next, 'update my unit' and install the application offered (should be 9.430). Disconnect from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Mine says Ver. 8.083, should I do it anyway??

Any better?

rut ro scraggy!!

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 415
ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Cannot create this file: O:\helpme\other\index_pt.html
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1513)
Last Error is 00000570 Item metadata is <HOME2 version="2.9">
<program idnum="13151" idurl="http://num1.id.tomtom.com/13151" idstr="Navigator" version="8.083">
<title lang="en-US" mimetype="text/plain">TomTom Application for TomTom XL</title>
<description lang="en-US" mimetype="text/plain">The latest version of the application for your TomTom device. We recommend that you update so that you always have the latest features and the best performance on your TomTom. For a list of changes made in this application, see www.tomtom.com/6420 Note: If your TomTom or TomTom application has been adapted by your employer, IT administrator or any company other than TomTom, please check with the supplier before you install our latest application. This applies to any applications based on the TomTom SDK.</description>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/program/icon/program.png" usage="icon"/>
<download>
<url location="http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.083.xl2008_t.CAB-navcore-ONEXL.cab" content="main" size="21945344" downloader="true" qos="0"/>
</download>
<size>21945344</size>
<targetdevice models="xl2008_t_1024_m xl2008_t_1024_m_tts xl2008_t_2048_m xl2008_t_2048_m_b xl2008_t_2048_m_tts"/>
<price free="true"/>
<supplier id="tomtom">
<name>TomTom</name>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/suppliers/tomtom_supplier_icon.png" usage="icon"/>
</supplier>
<build>9669</build>
</program>
</HOME2>
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1513
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:81
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1060
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:76
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:68
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:56:49 GMT

I wonder if you are running out of space on that unit? When connected to your PC, how much memory does it show remaining on the 330?

If you are running a Mac, be sure to empty the system trash to remove any 'trash' from the unit before trying to update the firmware again.

going to run the backup/restore, then delete all the crap I have on it... I have all the celebrity voices on it... then try the update again... be right back....

80 bytes or 80MB?

In any case, it sounds like you're out of room there.

With your unit connected to your PC, delete ALL of the loose FILES (NO folders) from the root of your unit.

Now, to see if any space can be freed up... Using "Manage my device", and the "Items on device" tab from Home, copy to your PC and then delete from your unit any voices that you do not use. If you have added any custom POI data, copy those to your PC for now and remove them from your unit.

Properly disconnect your unit via Home, and connect again. Home will see that your application is missing and will try to install it again. See how that goes.

Never mind. Didn't realize you had another full page of 'monologue' going when I typed that last one. Sounds like you're on the right track.

deleted the maps folder, freed up 850meg, re running the updater...
Here's hoping you have enough space now to get that map folder back onto your unit from whatever backup you made!

80 bytes or 80MB?

In any case, it sounds like you're out of room there.

With your unit connected to your PC, delete ALL of the loose FILES (NO folders) from the root of your unit.

Now, to see if any space can be freed up... Using "Manage my device", and the "Items on device" tab from Home, copy to your PC and then delete from your unit any voices that you do not use. If you have added any custom POI data, copy those to your PC for now and remove them from your unit.

Properly disconnect your unit via Home, and connect again. Home will see that your application is missing and will try to install it again. See how that goes.

I think we know it's not that i'm out of room. I've freed up room. See posts above, please. I'm currently reloading the maps, so I can "manage XL"

Ask a Question