Needs to be reset EVERYTIME!!

I have a new Tom Tom One Third Edition. Every single time I hold down the power button to turn it on, I get a blank,white screen, can hear the voice but nothong but white on the screen. I push in the reset button and it comes right up to the start up screen every time but never before being reset the 1st time it's turned on.

Anyone ever heard of this?
Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks,
Doug

Doug: The problem you are describing is a TomTom software flaw. The local Radio Shack has an entire shipment with the same defect. Thy gave my sister a free sales receipt as if she purchased a One 3rd Edition before 6Jan08 to qualify for a $100 rebate. They are checking the latest shipment to see if they have just one good one to sell her. Mine was OK - would recommend to you that you return your TomTom right away for a good one. Hope this helps.* Duddy03
I have a new Tom Tom One Third Edition. Every single time I hold down the power button to turn it on, I get a blank,white screen, can hear the voice but nothong but white on the screen. I push in the reset button and it comes right up to the start up screen every time but never before being reset the 1st time it's turned on.Anyone ever heard of this?Can I do something to fix it?Thanks,Doug

Doug: The problem you are describing is a TomTom software flaw. The local Radio Shack has an entire shipment with the same defect. Thy gave my sister a free sales receipt as if she purchased a One 3rd Edition before 6Jan08 to qualify for a $100 rebate. They are checking the latest shipment to see if they have just one good one to sell her. Mine was OK - would recommend to you that you return your TomTom right away for a good one. Hope this helps.* Duddy03

I have a new Tom Tom One Third Edition. Every single time I hold down the power button to turn it on, I get a blank,white screen, can hear the voice but nothong but white on the screen. I push in the reset button and it comes right up to the start up screen every time but never before being reset the 1st time it's turned on.Anyone ever heard of this?Can I do something to fix it?Thanks,Doug

I'm curious; does it lose its Favorites list each time you have to reset it? That would be very tedious.

Ask a Question