Uncle needs help!! (so do I!)

TomTom Model(s)
Via 135
My uncle, also living in the UK, has a Go 500. I bought him a year's map updates for Christmas and applied the first update the other day. In the process I had to replace the original TomTom SD card as there wasn't enough room for the map.

I managed to do this after some minor niggles. However, when the unit is switched on, all that happens is this:

1) The TomTom logo is displayed, accompanied by the drum sound.
2) The "boot-up" screen with the progress bar is displayed.
3) Another splash screen with a finger pointing at an image of a Go 500 is displayed. This image is displayed for a few seconds and then the unit powers down.

At no time does the green power light illuminate. I have tried re-fitting the original SD card but the same process happens. I have tried resetting the unit to no avail. I can access the unit via TomTom Home or Windows. I can operate the unit via TomTom Home.

Can anyone offer any help or advice on how to get the unit up and running?

TIA, David.

You can try making an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then connect to Home and install the application that is offered. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon. See if that helps.

Ask a Question