Removing custom voice

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
One day I decided to see just what it would be like if my voice gave the navigation. So I recorded my voice, used it once or twice, and decided I far prefer listening to someone else.

Ever since then, every time I select a voice, it asks if I would like to use my voice instead. ...which I answer "No" over and over,... and over again.

How do I delete my voice?

You should be able to remove it thru "HOME".

On the second screen of HOME, there's an option, "Remove Items from My Device". I've used this option to delete some other voices.

Hope this helps.

That works for voices I've downloaded, but not for voices I've recorded using the unit. Doesn't show up. Other ideas?

That works for voices I've downloaded, but not for voices I've recorded using the unit. Doesn't show up. Other ideas?

You could use the sledgehammer method and try Explorer. My gut feeling is that the custom voice resides in the sounds folder, not the voices folder but look in both for file(s) that seem like they may be the proper ones(s). [The create date may be an indicator]. Make sure you have a complete Explorer backup before trying this but, after the backup, try removing the suspect files.

Ask a Question